Her

Her

A Story by Treylee
"

Just a little ramble

"

She sits sipping her tea, wrapped up in a blanket staring at the drizzling rain outside. Isn’t it wondrous how the water ignites the trees and grass in the most beautiful green? Only on days it rains does this shade expose itself, and it is a glorious sight. Days like these are her favorites. Maybe it’s the scent of fresh fallen water, pure, just beginning a new cycle, a new beginning. That’s what she craved, to start again. Don’t overlook the situation, she loves her life, or she thinks so anyway.


But between the schedule, the “hi dear how was your day?” The feed the baby, wash the dishes, tick-tock, tick-tock, goodnight, I love you. Something was missing. In this routine chaos, there was still a void aching to be filled. But what could she do? Stand up and walk out on the people that mean so much to her? Who stand by her and love her, fix her wounds, give her life? No that wouldn’t do, the very thought of that breaks her heart. So she sits, and observes. Waiting, for what she’s not entirely sure. But what else can she do, other than watch the world tempt her with new beginnings, pull at her heart strings to go out and dance in the rain, swim naked in the seas, climb the mountains. 


She’s a mother now, and a wife to a loving man. Swimming naked and taking risks is out of the question. Yet she tries to incorporate that wild woman into her life every chance she gets. She tries to show her daughter that she can do anything, and by doing that she tries to prove to herself that she doesn’t have to cage that wild woman forever. Even though, in the back of her mind, she knows her dreams will likely never come true. So she sits, and she takes in the trees, and the smell, and the glorious shade of green brought on by the rain, trying, begging herself, to come to peace with what she has, and what she will never be.    

© 2016 Treylee


Author's Note

Treylee
Not sure what category to put this under.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story is so short but it conveys so much! The hope and dreams of this woman, the way she perhaps settled down too early - early enough that she didn't get the chance to do as much as she wanted to. It conveys how sad and isolated she now feels in her new roles of mother and wife, how unfulfilling her life is, but how completely devoted she is to the two people who gave her those roles.
I genuinely enjoyed reading this story. I felt so sad for the mother, and hope that when her children are old enough to care for themselves, she's still young enough to see the world and climb those mountains!
Well done, Treylee! Beautiful!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I love the structure and detail in it! Awesome in all. Please read my work. Thank you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think many of us have to confront such things at some point in our lives. Especially, in view of Navy wives who wear the metaphorical pants for months on end, then have to take them off upon the husband's return, I believe this frame of mind may be more common. To comment on your writing, I think you wrote this with true feelings and excellent verbal ability. It's very good, and I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 29, 2016
Last Updated on February 29, 2016
Tags: story, short, short story, woman, mother, wife, lost, wonderlust, nature, rain, peace

Author

Treylee
Treylee

San Diego , CA



About
Im a stay at home mom, a photographer, adventurer, and blogger at wyobab.com. I love to write and have never really felt comfortable putting my pieces out there but I thought why not. Im an old soul w.. more..

Writing
Storm Storm

A Poem by Treylee


War War

A Poem by Treylee


My seasons My seasons

A Story by Treylee