An upcoming short series, "Playing God" teaser

An upcoming short series, "Playing God" teaser

A Story by Tristesse
"

Smoke has concealed the skies in the year 2022, causing a lawless society to act out in a violent struggle for survival and domination.

"

Living a life of fear, is not really living at all. Aurora, Illinois in the year of 2022 has become a s**t blemish on the map of the United States. After The Absolve, robbery, grand theft, sexual assaults, and murder have jumped through the roof. Towering the mimicking known cities such as Camden and St. Louis. You can't walk down the block and take a left without having to spread your legs, and empty your pockets to spare a quick stab to the stomach. Gangs flock to the deserted areas to claim ownership to the desolate, that's how it works now. We fight for survival, for territory, for satisfaction and for sport. The Absolve, a government funded extermination that has purged more than forty-two states current calling the new age “Noah's Arc”. To them we were the filthy that needed cleansing, rats now sniffing out the lab coats in an experimental viral disease that ended in havoc.


Aurora is claimed by the FAK, spelling that backwards would read out “Kill All Faith”. A band of individuals that eliminates the remaining vows of Christianity. That is just one of many group that rebels. As for me, I am apart of New World Union. One of the original groups formed by Garret Benjamin, to come together as a new society and help one another. Not destroy each other. We are here to take back Aurora, to take back Illinois, to take back our lives. A battle for control. We are ready, are they?


My name is Bailey Andrews, and I am for New World Union. What do you stand for?


Playing God

New Chapter every Tuesday(5/24), 8:00 pm EST.

© 2016 Tristesse


Author's Note

Tristesse
My first story that isn't horror, and I am quite proud of the idea. I classified it as Historical Fiction, but if there is any other genre that best fits it then please don't hesitate to correct me. I hope you enjoy reading the series as much as I will enjoy writing it. I will see you all next Tuesday.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice really like the article which you post

Posted 7 Years Ago


Incredible story. You had me hooked from the first sentence. I can't wait to read the rest of it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tristesse

7 Years Ago

Elizabeth,

Thank you and I am glad it drew you in. I look forward to having you read .. read more
Elizabeth Maguire

7 Years Ago

I defiantly will
Brilliant tale wordslinger. You gentlemen might want to check out thesubtlearttraction.blogspot.com for similar escathologic poesies of the darkest light. I'd be honored to feature your story on the site too, mate. :)


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tristesse

7 Years Ago

Brandon,

I'm honored you believe my work to be creative enough, thank you so much. I .. read more
heyyyy i all o your stories read like this one then I will be very eager to look them over!! sort of like a post-apocalyptic tale? close to present day year as well!!! very very good!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tristesse

7 Years Ago

Dominique,

Thanks for the feedback! I look forward to seeing you Tuesday then. The C.. read more
This is a great start. I am very intrigued. I am excited for what is next.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tristesse

7 Years Ago

JBoone,

Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions Tuesday... read more
This comment has been deleted by this stories author.
Nice, it sounds really interesting. I can't wait to read it and see what happens.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tristesse

7 Years Ago

Centipedle,

Thank you. I look forward to seeing you here Tuesday when it's posted. Le.. read more
Very well crafted. You introduced the basis of the plot while using clever sentence structure and imagery to keep the story from being monotonous. Great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tristesse

7 Years Ago

William,

Thanks for the compliment, the chapter is completed and seemingly to my tas.. read more
Sounds good.
Waiting eagerly.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tristesse

7 Years Ago

LastMonth,

I am eagerly awaiting Tuesday to see you there!

Best regard.. read more
Well, it had no problem catching my attention and keeping it. Also left me wanting more. I am hooked.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tristesse

7 Years Ago

Diane,

Thanks for the review, I am glad you took interest in the series. I hope to he.. read more
Interesting! I like your writing style of crisp sentences that aren't unnecessarily verbose; it's refreshing. I'm curious to read more.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tristesse

7 Years Ago

Mikaila,

Thank you for your review, I am a returning writer awaiting to release more .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

490 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2016
Last Updated on May 18, 2016
Tags: post apocalyptic, war, crime, fiction, mature, religion, purge

Author

Tristesse
Tristesse

East Brunswick, NJ



About
My mother always said I was an odd one. Creative hands that can shape stories from fictional thoughts that pile into my head. I have been writing casually since I was a eleven, and then eventually gre.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..