Exclusion

Exclusion

A Poem by eli mercuree rue

To Jump
.......HiGH
Enough
Would too easily
Leave the
Question pertaining
Natural Existence
Suspendedly
Swinging
Serendipitous like and
Singing..entertaining
A Free Concert
Where the masses
Would leave gleaming
Not knowing what
They were just
Seeing

© 2008 eli mercuree rue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read a book once by Dietrich Bonhoffer; the thing had a chapter on random style poetry. People like John Lennon, Bob Dylan, and Lewis Carol published fine stuff that would be considered nonsense. The thing is that since computers, and their advanced ability to crunch numbers, there now is no such thing as random. So, stuff like confetti in a parade does not fall randomly but in a fixed set of parameters and variables set by perfectly natural laws of physics and all that mathematical nonsense.
I have a real soft spot for poetry of this nature. For you see I feel that it goes to places where the bland variety of normal day-to-day speech can never go: into the unknown vastness of the universe. Sound corny, I know, but there I said it.
My feeling on your piece, from here where I sit, reminds me of the effort I might take to do something I love, creatively. But no one else sees the true worth of the effort. But a good time is had by all, and nothing really matters.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Something about this piece just clicked with me, I love it! The whole image of a free concert where people would leave confused is the idea to be informed or intellectual, or perhaps just unique. All that, mixed with the title, to me, is fantastic. Very well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


love your style


Posted 11 Years Ago


your words were brand new to me all over again

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A revisit lol still love this one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

there is a great play on words here, and the reader can feel it in the form
awsome job, i'm looking forward to reading more from you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the usage of simple phrases and words to conjure such an amazing piece of poetry. I don't quite understand how the title matches with the poem, though. Otherwise, well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what an awful review i left on this ..
love it .. your poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I read through the reviews after I read your words. Amazing what these seventeen lines drew out of the people who came by . . . I'm not sure how I've never run into you here before.

But as I read the words again about the free concert and the gleaming masses I am reminded of a day at the University of Cincinati. Maya Angelou spoke and hundreds of students sat spellbound because she has one of those voices that captivate. And when we walked out into the too bright sunshine, still dazed, and a little drunk from the spell of the words, the masses turned into just one and strangers smiled and we knew we had just experienced something tremendous.

There's something about your words . . .

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Smehow I found this cute really. I like this it's brillant and well written. Enjoyable read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hmmm. a fun and weird twist-chain of word. this had a cool energy and does sort of remind me of a concert where the rush grabs you and you are a breathless collection of memory-words.

i have no idea what you are exactly saying but maybe that's the point.

you convey the energy and vibe of being high and in the moment. in that sense i think this poem suceeds.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

748 Views
20 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 7, 2008

Author

eli mercuree rue
eli mercuree rue

Durham, NC



About
creating a s p a c e where the meaning of words evolve with your consciousness more..

Writing