Perspective-Davion

Perspective-Davion

A Story by VegasRyan
"

This is a short story from the perspective of my protagonist Davion.

"
I think I'm human, at least I look the part.  I never knew my real parents and the parents I have now told me that they found me on their front door step.  What a way to start your life.... Abandoned.  Can't really complain too much, my father works at the power plant and my mother goes to the blood bank every week.  
Hmmm.... Maybe I should start from the beginning.
The year is 2505, at least that's what the scientists agreed upon.  The Earth is a desolate waste land with remnants of what it used to be.  My name is Davion and I am 1 out of 2 million remaining humans who live in a moving city called Mother.  Oh did i also mention we coexist with Vampires?  Ya, 500 thousand to be exact.  For the most part its a peaceful coexistence, as long as they get their blood.  The history books tells us of the 1,000 year war between the Humans and Vampires; As you probably guessed, we weren't winning.  Humans were at the brink of extinction with only 800 million people left on Earth.  Then, they came.  
Their methods were unpredictable, they killed humans and vampires alike.  They started off with just a handful which grew to a few hundred after a week, after a month there were millions.  These things were expanding at such a high rate we didn't have time to react; by the time we figured out how..... It was too late.  You see we thought they were devouring their victims but that wasn't the case.  Humans who were bitten were being turned into these creatures while the Vampires were dying from their wounds.  By the time either side understood their methods, we were being overrun.  I have to say though, their strategy was almost flawless.  They started pushing Humans and Vampires up north where there was more daylight during the day.  Kill off the Vampires and the Humans should be ripe for the picking.  The idea would have worked if they didn't make us so desperate.  With the certainty of extinction the Vampires and Humans created a pact, a pact to coexist with each other in order to preserve both species.  Humans couldn't survive without their strength and power and the Vampires couldn't survive without our blood.  So an alliance was formed and this is how we came to be.
Its not a perfect life, but its a life none the less.  

© 2013 VegasRyan


Author's Note

VegasRyan
This is my first writing since i graduated high school in 98, so just getting into the groove of writing again. I know my writing sucks, but at least I'm writing things down rather then keeping it in my head.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on May 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 2, 2013

Author

VegasRyan
VegasRyan

las vegas, NV



About
Hi I'm Ryan and I live in Las Vegas, NV. I'm looking for a writer/writers to help me write a sci-fi/fantasy novel. Right now I have an idea, an idea thats 100k-150k word novel which spans 9 books. .. more..