Headache

Headache

A Story by Victoria Bravo
"

Originally written in 2013 for my high school creative writing class. The story of how the goddess of Athena was born.

"
At least the pain had stopped. It was a small comfort in the knowledge of the hours of explaining and damage control ahead of him. His head wound had already closed, but the blood remained on his skin and robes and throne. With a flick of his wrist, the stains were gone. Soft noises filled the empty throne room. His gaze shifted and froze, staring deeply into the large gray eyes which stared back at him. She had appeared barely a year old, in a flash of magic and light and blood, sitting on the floor at the base of his throne. Beside her was a warrior's helmet the color of moonlight, glowing with enchanted power. Her lips tilted up into a faint smile, and her face lit up with joy. He knelt in front of the baby and pulled her into his arms. She cuddled into his chest contently, and he nuzzled her golden blonde curls. He knew exactly who she was. Her liquid silver eyes were full of wisdom and understanding that he still didn't see in many of the other Gods. He stood to his full height and looked towards the archway, to meet his staring wife's eyes, which burned with purple flames. His silent stare hardened into one of serious determination. Hera could sense it; the child's mother wasn't her. Metis. She worked for so very long to get over her husband's first wife, to push the thought of her existence from her mind. That would be impossible now, that girl would be a constant reminder that she wasn't the first. She turned and stormed from the room, leaving the cooing child and her husband behind her. 

© 2014 Victoria Bravo


Author's Note

Victoria Bravo
Reviews appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is fabulous! Based off of Athena's birth right? Please continue the story! I adore retelling of stories.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Victoria Bravo

10 Years Ago

Thank you! And that's right, I never thought of continuing it but maybe I will. Thanks so much for t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on April 24, 2014
Last Updated on April 24, 2014
Tags: Greek Mythology

Author

Victoria Bravo
Victoria Bravo

NY



About
My name is Victoria and I'm a senior in high school, about to head off to college. My writing isn't fantastic, or inspired, or world-changing, but I like writing a lot and want to improve. I know the .. more..

Writing
Pasiphe Pasiphe

A Story by Victoria Bravo