Bella Coola

Bella Coola

A Poem by Victorian1842
"

In August I spent a month living in the Bella Coola valley with my better half, Alex. It was the most inspired to write about my surroundings I have ever felt.

"
I was in the rainforest, the vale and valleys beneath me. School house falls fell away to a trickle.
I was in the rainforest, the rain was not. The mossy floor crunched like cornflakes under my boots.
I was in the rainforest, the trees trembled; thirsty. The familiar chill of the Chilcoten coast gave way to a heatwave.
I was in the rainforest, the smoke was between the leaves. I could see nothing would bring Fall to Bella Coola faster than the fires racing towards the valley lake a freight train.

© 2014 Victorian1842


Author's Note

Victorian1842
My first attempt at poetry. Any and all conatructive reviews very welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

If this is your first piece, its a really nice one. If you continue , you would get even better.Consider beaks in between lines for more drama. Keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Victorian1842

9 Years Ago

Thank you, that's really kind of you. Yeah I didn't really know how to break it up, I'll look into i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2014
Tags: NATURE, rainforest, fire, weather, seasons, travel, adventure.

Author

Victorian1842
Victorian1842

Fort Erie, Canada



Writing