FACE DOWN

FACE DOWN

A Story by Writer At 13
"

The story was inspired by the song "Face Down" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

"

                

Samantha. She was a fine woman, truly charming and delicate. Her eyes were lovely and blue, her hair was long and brown, and her skin was fair and flawless. There was no living being who never laid its eyes on her perfect face. She grew up in Georgia and lived there with her family, who raised her so excellently, until she met Walter.

                

He was a gentleman �"soft-spoken and placid. He was madly in love with her since the day he met her. Never did she leave his mind. Never did he forget about her. At eighteen, he married her and Samantha accepted him without second thoughts. They moved to California for they sought to be in a place where life would be simple, peaceful, and serene.

              

But it was never a surprise how many eyes in California would gaze at her with interest and malevolence. She was young and unripe. But Samantha made a terrible mistake. It was not something that caused somebody pain nor tears. She didn’t know Walter very well. She thought that what she saw in Walter was all. But she was wrong.

 

The thunder was growling deafeningly, the lightning kept flashing blindingly, and the winds were thrusting with one another unstoppably. Heavy rain continued plunging on the rooftops noisily for hours. Walter kept waiting in the living room until the door was opened and a beam of faint light shone across the dark room. It was Samantha.


“Walter,” Samantha said in surprise when she saw him standing in front of her.


“Where have you been?” He spoke in a low tone, not looking directly into her eyes.


“Why are all the lights off?” She said in a nervous manner, ignoring the question.


“You’re not satisfying me with an answer. Where have you been? Whom were you with?” he started to lose his temper little by little.


She paused and noticed his meandering eyes. She held his chin and he pushed her arm away. “I’m losing my patience, Samantha. Answer me. Were you with another man?”


She narrowed her eyes in disgust and uttered, “What are you talking about?”


Walter edgily swung his hand to her cheek and caused her to burst in tears. “It’s a simple question, Samantha! Don’t make me lose my temper!”

“You’re crazy!” She yelled at his face. He put his hands on his hips, turned around, and tried to control his temper. But he couldn’t. He hit her again and she fell to the ground. She whimpered and wailed, “I was alone!”

               

He knelt down, pulled her hair, and pulled a gun from his pocket, pointing it on her temple. Then he whispered, “Liar.” But he didn’t shoot her.

                

The rain still kept pouring and lightning still kept flashing. He left her on the floor as she wept all night, crumbling in trauma. She didn’t know what to do for she was too frail. She didn’t even know whom to call to for she was far from her loved ones. She remained on the floor instead, whimpering.


                The rain had stopped and she was still on the floor, awake. She stood up slowly, her hands trembling. She entered the room quietly and watched Walter as he slept. She paced across the room and lied down next to him. Walter awoke and sighed.


                “Samantha,” he tried to apologize while she was at his back, not making a sound. But then he felt something on his head. Something that made his heart race and his neck sweat. A gun.


                “Samantha,” he wept, “Forgive me. I’m sorry. I truly am.”


                She ignored him and pulled the trigger without second thoughts, just like how she married him in the first place. Then she whispered to his bloody ear, “Liar.”

© 2011 Writer At 13


Author's Note

Writer At 13
I'm 13. Consider the age. :3 Haha.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this story...sometimes i wish i could do that to a certain person...shoot him that is...but no...i can't...
Love it though ^_^

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on October 16, 2011
Last Updated on October 16, 2011

Author

Writer At 13
Writer At 13

Philippines



About
I started writing at 8 years old, beginning with short stories, and my passion for writing just keeps on growing. I got a scholarship from Philippine High School for the Arts but I wasn't able to go t.. more..

Writing