Life

Life

A Story by Xander West

L-I-F-E

What exactly does life mean to me, the reasoning of my drive upon each sunrise? For years I've ponder the meaning of life, the purpose of each challenge, the beauty seen, the sadness felt, love shared, adventures explored pain endured, such hope abound, over and over I have pondered a million times.

For each of us, life has a different meaning, unique to each soul as if each meaning had the qualities of a falling snow flake, uniqueness of its own, beauty to behold, fluttering just out of reach, seemingly lost amongst the clutter of life.

For so many years I thought life simply repeated the same old pattern, life breathing alive, struggling to hold on to the spark of life, only to eventually succumb to the emptiness of death. Yet, I simply was not living or at least not living this life to the fullest.

Sure, I was alive, living life day to day, simply lost in the clutter of the snow storm of snowflakes, unable to see what should be to clear to me. Life is clearly what you choose it to be. We can simply live blindly to disappear into the wind, or we can embrace our uniqueness to truly live and enjoy life!

Life isn't about today or tomorrow, life is about embracing the small moments, opening your eyes to wonderful and endless things, enjoying a sunrise, sharing a sunset with another, stopping long enough to feel spring's sunsine upon your face or hear the wind whispering in the air, and to embrace all this life has to offer.


Upon the sunset of my life, I hope to look back, cheerishing all that I loved, each passion of this life, each beauty for its imperfections, each challenge for its opportunity. I don't desire to experience just a great love story, but rather love each and all.

As my sun sets, and the moon begins to shine upon my soul, will I claim to have loved every person? Can one ever love a stranger? I can approach each person, each experience with love. I could rest in the moon's alluring light without a regret, knowing a saw each person as the unique snowflake, loving the person they are, never being tripped up by our differences.

To rest in my final days, I accept to love each person and each of life's sensations to the fullest of my ability. Not to love all as I would my soul mate, but to embrace all with kindness and understanding of a mother to her child.

Each day forward I seek to love each in a unique way, deserving to them. To slow down to embrace the beauty of life, to see all for who they desire to be, learning to love every person not for what they are or what they have done, but for who they are, who they seek to be, each unique imperfection an opportunity to embrace a new love in this whirlwind of life.

© 2018 Xander West


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Easily my favorite poem of the week. Why does it feel like you stepped into my brain and wrote this piece? Haha. I agree with everything and the last stanza is amazing. Thank you for sharing your deep thoughts today. I loved reading every single word. :)

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 4, 2018
Last Updated on June 4, 2018

Author

Xander West
Xander West

Suffolk, United Kingdom



About
I lost my passion to write for several years, better yet, I ignored my passion to write for several years. I am only once again touching my surface. more..

Writing