Hunted

Hunted

A Story by XxBrokenAngel14xX
"

Aimee had gotten used to a few things in life. People always mispronouncing her name, no one ever stayed in her life forever, and the fact that she had experienced the supernatural.

"
(Full summary:Aimee had gotten used to a few things in life. People always mispronouncing her name, the coldness from her single mother, no one ever stayed in her life forever, and the fact that she had experienced the supernatural. All of which she had chosen to accept but not acknowledge. Until he showed up. His cocky attitude and mysterious magnetism drew her into a world she never would have ventured. And just as soon as she entered his world they fell down the rabbit hole of madness leaving them in a violent struggle to stay alive.) 

Prologue:

The darkness was so thick Cameron could just barely make out the trees to avoid running into them. The wind whipped his cheeks and burned his eyes as he ran through the forest. His hand was securely wrapped around her dainty one in a desperate attempt to make her keep up. He could have easily escaped into the night, shifting into a small black cat and darting into the darkness with the stealthiness only felines seemed to possess. He leapt over a rotting fallen tree stump pushing forward through the moonlit forest forcing himself not to look back.  The moon cast eerie shadows on the pair, putting them at full alert. Anyone could be anywhere. And they had no idea where they were running to and who they were running from. All they knew is they had to keep running to stay alive. Cameron's cat ears tingled and perked listening to all the sounds of the night but he couldn't focus on anything but her. His heart skipped in emotional pain as her breathing became heavy and ragged while her running became slower.

"Cameron," Aimee panted slowing to a stop. "I...can't....keep...up". She bowed her head, her soft auburn hair covered her sweaty downcast face. Her face skewed into a face of extreme exhaustion and shame. 

"I'm so sorry-" her voice cracked and suddenly she was crying. "Th-This is a-all m-my fault!" 

Cameron's hand shot out gently grabbing her chin and forcing her gaze to catch his. His dark blue eyes burned with fire but as soon as they met her wide chocolate ones that were wet with tears his whole expression softened. He let out a small sigh. Even in the deadly situation they were in her soul shone through her eyes and that never failed to calm his deepest nerve. "This is not your fault. Now, stop saying that," Cameron smiled his sarcastic half smile and continued, "Though it might be your own fault that you're so out of shape." Cameron teased leaning over and softly kissing the tears off her cheeks. Aimee laughed. Cameron's heart jumped at the sound of her cute giggle, it was like delicate bells, it had been so long since she had laughed. 

"We'll get though it, kid." Cameron said lightly as if they weren't running for their lives. And, unfortunately they were. 

"But-"

"Nope, shut up." Cameron put a finger to her lip softly to erase the blow of the harsh sounding words. He opened his palm and slid it to the side of her face. She shut her tired eyes and sighed nuzzling her face into his touch. She finally nodded opening her eyes, moving quickly she wrapped her arms around his neck and placed her lips onto his. Cameron wrapped his arms around her small waist kissing her back as lovingly but quickly as he could. Death was on their heels and he wasn't going to lose Aimee now. Once they were safe Cameron would show Aimee love like she had never experienced before. 

Cameron broke the kiss and swiftly  swept her small body up in his arms and held her against his chest. He cradled her bridal style in his arms tightly. Aimee's brown eyes looked up at him and offered a small smile. He returned it with a confident smirk then he went completely still, listening. His ears perked and his tail twitched slightly as he concentrated then he heard it. Something advancing towards them. Cameron hissed and took off in the opposite direction as fast as he could. 

He glanced down at the girl in his arm who clung to his shirt tightly. It was her fault. Her fault for being so damn lovable.  

How had things turned so wrong in a matter of days?

© 2015 XxBrokenAngel14xX


Author's Note

XxBrokenAngel14xX
Don't be shy, drop a comment! :) I love reviews, constructive criticism, and advice. It's the only way you get better. Thank you for reading^.~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

XxBrokenAngel14xX
XxBrokenAngel14xX

portland, OR



About
22 year old female rediscovering her love of the pen and paper. more..