True Friendship

True Friendship

A Story by Sharon
"

This is for the Friends Forever contest

"

I remebered the day that I met Casey. We were on a field trip to see Phantom of the Opera in New York City. I was ecstatic, because I had never seen a real braodway show before.

We sat next to eachother on the bus, mostly because none of our other friends were on the same bus. I had started a conversation with her out of boredom. We became fast friends. We talked non stop about about our lives, hobbies, and much more.

The detail I remebered most about the bus ride was playing Dots. It was my first time even hearing the name, and yet I won every single time. Casey didn't get mad though. She was like that: modest, polite, she even smiled every time I won.

By seventh grade, we already saw eachother as best friends. We sat at lunch every day and talked. I swear, the two of us could be locked up in a room and never be out of things to talk about. The talked about the randomest things, like socks, or the color red.

We did that years talent show together, well I kinda forced her to. She has the most amazing voice. We sang a duet, only right before we went on, I was freaking out and getting scared. It was kinda ironic because at the beginning, she was the nervous one, and I was excitied. We got through it though.

After awhile, we began to spend more and more time together. I lived near her house, so we would visit eachother on the weekends, or go shopping together downtown. Sometimes, we'd take her cousin, Lindsey with us.

Sadly, in the beginning of the eighth grade, my family moved away. We were both really sad that we wouldn't be able to see eachother anymore. But, we still contact eachotehr by e-mail. I'm scared though. I'm afraid that e-mail may not be enough. We're going to drift apart from eachother. It's hard enough to stay friends in highschool, when everything is changing. It's even harder to stay best friends when we lived hours away from eachother.

But, with any luck, maybe we won't stray away. Maybe we'll end up going to the same college when we grow up (we both want to get into the Ivy League). Or, maybe I'm wrong and e-mail is enough. But either way, whether or not we stay best friends, or just e-pals, I know that I'll never forget her. I just hope she doesn't either.

 

© 2009 Sharon


Author's Note

Sharon
This isn't made up. It actually happend.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

P.S. It was Sleeping Beauty. Phantom of the Opera was our 2nd play. =D

Posted 14 Years Ago


Sharon, Ily. We'll never grow apart!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2009

Author

Sharon
Sharon

About
We all need a place just to let our ideas flow.............and to distract us from the devil called boredom. more..

Writing
Complements Complements

A Poem by Sharon


Dear Friend Dear Friend

A Poem by Sharon


Eyes Eyes

A Poem by Sharon