Behind the net curtains

Behind the net curtains

A Story by Anya
"

Gossip is a hard lesson to learn. Who knows where it comes from?

"

Ms Jones peaked out from behind her curtains. She was watching a sobbing Teenager, Emily, get into the families Vauxhall with her grim mouthed father. She picked up the telephone and pressed one. Mildred picked up.

“It’s Ms Jones” She spoke in a whisper as though she was scared of being over heard “Guess what I saw?”

“What” Said Mildred now also speaking in a whisper

“Emily, from number 4, she was crying. Do you know why?”

“Well I heard something” Ms Jones waited with baited breath “I heard that she was pregnant!”

“Never!!!” said Ms Jones in astonishment “Who’s the father?”

“Well, I heard that it was that young lad from number 27”

“Mike?”

“Yeah, Mike” Ms Jones put down the phone and whistled. Mike, eh? She picked up the phone again, this time pressing two.

“It’s Ms Jones” She said in a whisper again “You will never guess what I heard!!”

“What?! Tell me, tell me!!” Ms Smith said eagerly

“Number 27’s son got Number 4’s daughter pregnant!”

“Are you sure?” She asked

“Quite sure”

Ms Smith put down the phone and turned to her husband

“Number 27’s son got Number 4’s daughter pregnant!” Mr. Smith put down his paper and looked at her

“Doesn’t number 27 have 2 sons?” He asked “Twins or somethin’?”

“Oh” was all she said “I just assumed it was Harry, I saw him and Emily together a few times”

“Why don’t you ask Ms peak, she’s Emily’s Aunt’s Cousins daughter!”

“Good thinking” Ms Smith picked up the phone and pressed three

“Ms Peak? Hi it’s Ms Smith from number 12”

“Oh Hello, I guess you’ve heard all about our big news!”

“Oh yes! Poor Emily, you must be devastated!” Ms Smith gushed

“Devastated? Emily? What’s she got to do with it?” She paused “We’re overjoyed as a matter of fact… It was all planned”

“PLANNED?!” Shrieked Ms Smith

“Yes dear, I have to go now.” And Ms Peak put down the phone.

Ms Smith picked up the phone again and pressed four.

“Gladys!! Emily’s pregnant with Harry’s baby and it was all planned!” Gladys gasped

“Are you sure?” She asked “Because I heard that Number 7’s Son, Patrick had been messing around with Emily. You did see her crying?”

“Umm, yes I did” Said Ms Smith not wanting to be out done “Then I guess it was Patrick to blame… Then maybe that was planned”

“Hmm.” Said Gladys “I’ll try asking Ms Higgs”

“Good thinking”

Gladys picked up the phone and dialed 5

“It’s Gladys!”

“Oh Gladys I’m glad you called, I have some big news”

“Oh?”
“Mr. Smith has lost his job!”

“Whattt?”

“It’s true! And do you know what else?” She paused for dramatic effect “Mr Fletcher told Ms Murray who told me that Mr Fletcher saw Ms Peak going into number 9’s house with the young lad who lives there and didn’t come out for hours!”

“This is huge!”

“I know!!!”

“I’ll call you back later”

Gladys called Ms Peak by pressing number six

“Ms Peak!! What were you doing at number 9’s with the young lad who lives there?”

“I didn’t go into number 9” Ms peak asked confused

“Yes you did Ms Higgs saw you”

“Nosey old cow” Ms peak said

“Oh I know!!” said Gladys “Always sticking her nose into other peoples business. Well I knew it wasn’t true of course! I’ll call you back!”

Gladys rang Ms Togs on number 7

“Ms Peak was talking about Ms Higgs behind her back. She called her a Nosey Old Cow”

“Oh really? That’s a bit snide.”

“But did you know that Ms Higgs saw her going into number 9’s house with the young lad who lives there.”

“No I didn’t! Did you hear? Emily is pregnant with number 30’s lad Toby?”

“Toby? I heard it was someone else.”

“No it was Toby, I’ve seen them together.”

“Oh right.”

“Oh and Mr Jones ran over Ms Peaks dog yesterday.” Gladys gasped “I’m terribly sorry darling but I will have to call you back, ciao!”

Ms Toggs called number 30, pressing number 8

“Toby it’s Ms Toggs”

“Oh I’ve wanted to speak to you! Well you know Emily and her family?”

“Yes”

“Well they are going on the first tour around Mars”

“Wow! That’s great” Ms Toggs blinked her gossip seemed rather frail now “But did you know that Gladys is getting the first ever motorbike with chocolate wheels?”

“That’s awesome!” He said “Must be going, bye now”

Ms Toggs rang Ms Jones

“Did you know that Ms peak made Ms Higgs turn into an old cow with a big nose, Emily is moving to Mars, Gladys is getting a chocolate motor bike, Mr. smith lost his job as universal mastermind, Mr. Jones ate Ms Peaks dog as ciao and Toby, Harry, Mike and Patrick got Emily Pregnant and it was all planned?”

“Well I never” said Ms Jones “I’ll have to tell Mildred!”

© 2009 Anya


Author's Note

Anya
Just a bit of fun :)
My grammar and spelling are nearly always a bit/lot off. Im also 13......

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like this you may win

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
(:
Haha, this is hilarious! I was trying to keep up all of it! Hmm... I wonder what REALLY happened, haha.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2009

Author

Anya
Anya

The UK



About
Well.... My name's Anya... that's a start. I love spiders, heights and physics.... yeeeeeah, I don't really! I can't stand spiders or heights or..... I have a distinct passion against physics (don'.. more..

Writing
Andrew Andrew

A Story by Anya


Forever Never Forever Never

A Story by Anya