It was time

It was time

A Story by Yasmeena El Sabeh
"

When the symphony had to wave goodbye to his muse.

"

He looked at her like a caved man seeing the moon for the first time. He did not say a word, and she remained silent, but they both knew. They knew that, sometimes, things are so beautiful, they deserved to stay unspoken. They both knew that eyes could speak louder than words. And they both knew that at some point in their lives, they were going to meet again.


Her eyelashes were full of tears, that refused to touch her skin. She was shaking and every beat in her heart was begging her not to let him go. In his smile she could see the pain, and whenever he laughed, she knew that his spirit was dying, slowly. They didn’t have to hold each other’s hands to feel connected, when their souls already felt attached. 


He was sitting next to her, contemplating her imperfections as she was listening to the echo of his tenderness. She didn’t need to have her piano, he was the perfect symphony. And he didn’t need his guitar, she was his one and only melody. They weren’t instruments. They were more like messed up music sheets that made them wonder what the next note is. Whether it was Do, Re or Mi, they didn’t care. As long as she is his muse and he is her song, they were okay.


She didn’t need to hear him say how lovely she was. She didn’t need him to like her dress. And she didn’t even need him to offer her a drink. She just needed him to be there. She just needed to enjoy his silence, because to her, it was a masterpiece. She just needed to smell his presence. She just needed to know that he needed her too.


He didn’t look at her because she was gorgeous. He looked at her when her hair was messy and she was having her coffee in the early morning. He looked at her when she was making fun of him. He looked at her when she was speaking about arts with passion. He looked at her when she was day dreaming and watching the birds fly as free as she would like to be. He looked at her when she didn’t want to look at herself. He looked at her when the streets were empty and she could only hear the sound of his breath. He looked at her when the white roses turned red and her cheeks as well. He looked at her when she pretended not to look at him. 


It was time. It was time for her to take the train to go back to reality. And It was time for him to go on with his life as if he never met her. The sadness in his eyes was so obvious, she could feel it shivering in her body. She stood there and he waved her goodbye as he picked up her tears with his smile and said: “Every thing good has to end.”

© 2014 Yasmeena El Sabeh


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

855 Views
Added on August 30, 2014
Last Updated on August 30, 2014
Tags: goodbye, love, boy, girl, poem, poetry, romance, romantic, beautiful, tears, sad, music

Author

Yasmeena El Sabeh
Yasmeena El Sabeh

Beirut, Koreytem, Lebanon



About
Lebanese 19 years old Oxford summer school student (2011) Cambridge summer school student (2012) College Protestant Français graduate (2013) Double majoring in Journalism and Political Sci.. more..

Writing