Voices

Voices

A Poem by Michelle Long

Walk through this park, a stranger you see.
Pass my direction and a stranger you will be.
On this darkened, docile day,  "made from strings", "rubbed in clay",
There's not a person who bares to stay, not word they could dare say,
That could make the growing fears scamper away.
So with your mind, they continue to feed, to play.

Deeper in this frightening forrest, the voices begin to laugh and shout,
As you pass the shivering bushes, the  leave-less trees, you gain no doubt.
That the voices are all alive, hungry, and out,
How they choose to live in this growing "drought"
You loose common-sense as your curiousness sets and runs free,
Pushing you outward, making you continue through the fallen leaves.

You wonder if to proceed would be right,
Everything feels wrong about this lonely night,
Voices surround you-those of evil and hate, those whom will fight,
They circle you in with broken force, as, together, they quickly elite.
Falling down, you feel as if you will drown,
You want to scream, you try, but no sound.

Running away as fast as you can, the voices too chase and begin to rebound.
You escape through the branches, to hide behind trees, behind dirt and mounds.
Breathing quickens, eyes turning red.
Fighting not curiousness, but death instead.
Pain they send and you question yourself, wonder if it's just your head,
You see,  in the corner-behind the shrunken willow tree-a body, it's dead..

Your body is now apart from your mind,
In confusion, this you soon find.
The voices, that now feed upon the body that lay, seem to have once been kind.
But now they're monstrous, attacking beasts, as you watch with your soul unbined.
You can't stop them, they only want more,
Now you understand, the body was once your's.

© 2009 Michelle Long


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We do engage ourselves in everyday conversation within us. Two conflicting forces are battling inside---the good one and the bad one. Each is trying to overpower the other. Whatever we decide on is taken from either these two. More often than not, this negative voice is constantly being listened to and favored that, even before we take the action, our mind is already filled with its toxins, killing every bit of confidence in us. As a result, we cower without finding out the truth of the matter. The toxins eat us up until our own life is put at risk. Too bad but, I think, we are overcome by this seemingly enthralling voice. Well, that's my interp. Though I know there are still other things underlying this piece. This is so deep and so powerful. I like the imagery and how it's been written. Truly a great write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOWZERZ!
youexplain everythingg, mystuff is just rightto the point.
maybe that'sA betterWay of doing it? i'lltry it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


"Everything feels wrong about this lonely night"
love that line =] nice poem, the ending surprised me

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOW... very astounding and mysterious... I can find a few interpretations of this piece, I think one that stands out is someone with the fear of being around people, it is hard for us who don't have such phobias to understand what goes on in someone's mind like that. You really locked me in on this write from start to finish.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Stats

196 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2009
Last Updated on April 11, 2009

Author

Michelle Long
Michelle Long

Japan



About
I find every piece of writing that I have currently posted on here terrible; they're all very old. I'd delete them, if I weren't such a weirdo and didn't have a problem with that thought. With tha.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


In Gold In Gold

A Poem by Alice Oiseau