Single Thought Of Many

Single Thought Of Many

A Poem by ZDMusgrove
"

Just a simple poem about my thought that I am sure you have thought about beforE. If that makes since.

"
I have come to know the silence of being alone,
And it has allowed ponderment.
I have finally comprehended the magnitude of the world.
We are specks of sand on an endless beach, known as reality.

We consider ourselves the masters of our fate, 
But we are weeds being tossed around by the winds of destiny
While we constantly question existence.

We have no absolution despite what some have said.
Some say we are the creation of a divine being,
And others say we are the development of nature,
An example of evolution at work.

I have no degree on the matter,
Nor patience to argue my opinion.
All that I know for certain is
That no matter the size of the ego, the body is minuscule.

Maybe we are asking unanswerable questions,
Maybe we will find out at the end,
But despite the curiosity,
The fear,
The anticipation.

We will have to wait and see if 
We are creations of an all-mighty,
Or just miraculous achievement of nature's powers.

© 2015 ZDMusgrove


Author's Note

ZDMusgrove
Sorry it has been so long since I published any writing, but I had been busy with school and graduation. Now that it is all over I have time to write.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You're not taking sides but you're not getting splinters in your arse from sitting on the fence here either ZD.
You strike a fine balance, finer than fine
the only thing I can tell from this is that you are growing into a fine well-balanced man - having known you since you first came on here, a while back now.
Im privileged to know you.
well penned.
:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very well written, I favor this one myself^^ very nice and I have to agree with you. You may have been busy but I find when you take a break from something and come back to it you'll be better at it. But remember to voice record ideas and write down what you can't.

Still this is a brilliant piece and I like the way it's presented. It's a refreshing view and I will return to read it again and again^^

Posted 8 Years Ago


You're not taking sides but you're not getting splinters in your arse from sitting on the fence here either ZD.
You strike a fine balance, finer than fine
the only thing I can tell from this is that you are growing into a fine well-balanced man - having known you since you first came on here, a while back now.
Im privileged to know you.
well penned.
:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You may not have written anything on here in a while, but this piece was well worth the wait, my friend. I could almost picture this being an opening narration to a movie(or perhaps a closing narration would be more suitable. for this). It is very thought provoking, and you worded everything in the right way. Thank you for sharing this, it's not very often that I come across a well written, thought-provoking piece here! Also, congratulations on graduating!

Easily deserving of a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999/100....nah, I'm not that kind of person! It deserves a 100/100. Great job, and good luck with following your dreams! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


We will definitely find out. That is for sure. Nice poem and a nice way to really put everyone into the proper perspective. We need a write like this sometimes to remind us how little we are. Thanks for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MJ
This rings with the truth. Some of the phrases remind me of that song by Kansas, Dust in the Wind. The philosophical elements of this piece are really nice. The following is just a suggestion, but I think breaking up some of the sentence structure could make it read a little smoother. It's a little more prosey than poetic in some lines, but maybe that was your intention and I'm just one opinion. But overall this piece is relatable to anyone and for that I'd say a job well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The statement below I believe in.
"Maybe we are asking unanswerable questions,
Maybe we will find out at the end,
But despite the curiosity,
The fear,
The anticipation."
I believe we must live a good life. One day we will be accounting for the good or bad done. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Well...i'm a rating this 100# i think we have all thought about existance before. My view is a bit complicated...so I'll spare you from half an essay in a review lol. Anyhow, nice write.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2015
Last Updated on May 27, 2015
Tags: Universe, Belief, Questioning, Reasoning

Author

ZDMusgrove
ZDMusgrove

Somewhere :3, LA



About
I am a loud, eccentric, and proud person. I love reading, and writing. These two things were my escapes, and I want to share my escapes with everyone else. I also like to draw, and as of recently I h.. more..

Writing
Rebellion Rebellion

A Poem by ZDMusgrove



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Poem by Cool Girl