Looking Back

Looking Back

A Story by ZackOfBridge
"

Watch where you're going, d****t.

"

I left a fair amount of my hair grease on the stop sign pole with the crash of my head. A girl’s legs, revealed to the sunlight by those high-waist, 90s clunk-style shorts, turned my head. The glimpse of those legs, sculpted into form and white like pearls seemed to be the treasure of the street and I became greedy. What a clam those pearls must fall from, I thought before the side of my face bounced from the pole like a perverted racquetball.

            The head on my neck throbbed, among other, now deflating heads and I reached my hand to the tender spot. I hoped no one had seen.

            “Oh wow, are you okay?”  A tilt-headed brunette asked. She stepped toward me leading on her toes. “You know, there are girls to gawk at ahead of you, don’t you?”

            That was my problem, my type were the ones who fleeted away. I peeked once more at the ivory flaunt leading away behind my neck.

            “That girl, Adelai, lives on my floor. She’s nice I guess, nice tush for sure.  You should try to meet her somehow, seeing as you’d walk into oncoming traffic at the sight of her.”

            “Nah, nah. I think any more of her and I’d suffer a concussion,” I said to girl-who-has-ideas-of-grandeur. “How’s my head look, am I gonna make it?”

            “It looks fine, you just may survive long enough to drool over another a*s.” She said and slipped the phone that hung from the hand at her hip into her pocket.

            I laughed, “Yeah, thanks. Alright, I gotta get to class, if I don’t get hit by a parked car first. God help me --- Anthropology.”

            “Had it last semester,” the girl said and gripped one of the straps of her backpack, “I never counted so many ceiling tiles.”

            She chuckled at the quip she had no doubt used before. I’m beginning to understand that good conversation is just a rewrite of things we’ve already said before.  I gripped my own backpack strap, “Ill be seeing you later.”

            “And you’d better be wearing a helmet,” She said, and dropped her hand from the backpack strap, and out of reflex to relate, I dropped my hand from my own backpack strap. “Hey, if you want to give me your number, I could try and give you a hand with your sidewalk crush.”

            “Oh, thanks, but my phone is busted; dropped it in the toilet, water got to it, and now its on rice,” I said, “The irony: I treated the phone like a piece of s**t anyway --- And besides, I think this pole is more my type.”

            She laughed. Hitting my head onto the pole was looking to be a benefactor for my casual social encounters. Sure, I may have lost a few brain cells in the process, but who’s counting, anyway?

            She shook her head, but couldn’t shake the smile, “Alright, well maybe I’ll run into you, literally, some other time.”

            That was literally the first time I had heard a person use ‘literally’ correct in context in literally forever.  The sidewalk was thinning of moving bodies and I knew that meant they were settling into the classrooms. “Alright, I hope so, I’ll catch you later….”

            “Alexa.”

            “Alexa,” I finished. I gestured to myself, “Ryan.”

            “See ya, Ryan.” she said and walked away.

“See ya.” I started down the sidewalk, and I looked back for a while.

© 2014 ZackOfBridge


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ryan and Alexa should totally bang. I can see it in their future. Was this another true story Zack?? Cause if it was...........................................

Posted 10 Years Ago


ZackOfBridge

10 Years Ago

Nah, I saw a butt and was inspired after almost running into a pole . You know how that goes, amirig.. read more
Chadvonswan

10 Years Ago

Must-have been quite the a*s, man. Quite the a*s..
Either way this story makes me wanna go loo.. read more
Some people don't learn. The brunette was nice; she was friendly; she was understanding. But some people only know how to look back.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

10 Years Ago

What the hell do you even mean MARIE?!?
ZackOfBridge

10 Years Ago

She means that the nicest butts are the ones right in our faces, Max. Thanks for reading Marie
Marie

10 Years Ago

Yes, that's what I meant.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 7, 2014
Last Updated on March 7, 2014

Author

ZackOfBridge
ZackOfBridge

Camarillo, CA



About
Whats life but time enough to write stories? more..

Writing
New Shoes New Shoes

A Story by ZackOfBridge