This Too Shall Pass

This Too Shall Pass

A Story by Zeus
"

The expression of an inner conflict that we all go through every once in a while

"

Why do we feel so strongly? What is it that gives rise to an emotional genesis within us every time someone touches the strings of our hearts? I want to believe feelings are just chemicals but deep in the trenches of my soul, I know they are much more than that.


The fear of being consumed by what lurks beneath stops me from allowing myself the liberty to feel without restraint. I cover the fear with a sheet of rationality, telling myself that I have things under control. I pose with gusto at the triumph of reason over emotion but lately all I see in that pose is a hypocrite. A liar who is too scared to accept himself.


I often wish it weren’t the way it is. Life would have been simpler if I were one of those people who didn’t feel much for others. With iron plated hearts they tame the lion called life. Attachments don’t bring them down and the strongest blows don’t break their hearts. Yet for those of us whose hearts are made of frailty and tenderness, and still need to be hardened, the rage of the lion is too terrifying to bear.


Some say that powerful feelings are a strength. That you should wear your heart on your sleeve and let the crashing waves of life take you where you’re meant to go. Bonds indeed hurt yet the love felt has the power to move mountains. The realization of pain is a reminder of having known true happiness.


But how do I even begin to touch a heart on fire?


Amidst all the questions even I realize that the man of this legend must courageously walk into the fire and write his own tale of glory. He must face his fears and accept who he truly is, and if the elusive being of happiness is one that can be found, he must attain it.


One day, this too shall pass.

 

© 2017 Zeus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This spoke straight to the deepest, most tightly held part of my heart and soul. You have perfectly expressed my metamorphoses since leaving my recent chrysalis. I truly enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zeus

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm really happy I was able to speak to your soul. There's a lo.. read more
Poetic License

6 Years Ago

I look forward to it!



Reviews

This spoke straight to the deepest, most tightly held part of my heart and soul. You have perfectly expressed my metamorphoses since leaving my recent chrysalis. I truly enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zeus

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm really happy I was able to speak to your soul. There's a lo.. read more
Poetic License

6 Years Ago

I look forward to it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Added on October 28, 2017
Last Updated on October 28, 2017

Author

Zeus
Zeus

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
Just a 20 year old expressing himself more..