Bitter Christmas

Bitter Christmas

A Story by Everyday Is Just Another Tomorow
"

an rough draft english essay about a family conflict that happened in my life

"
A Conflict in Your Family Paper
 It was Christmas 2006 when our family tore apart. It was supposed to be a special Christmas that year. Earlier that year my Aunty K and Uncle Alex bought their new house, which we were celebrating Christmas in, and my cousin Ben and his wife Jaqi had their first child, Noah. Everybody was excited for little Noah to open his first Christmas present. That year all of my mothers side of the family was at the gathering (we do my fathers side on a different day). My cousin Daniel and his fiancé Heather was there, my great aunt Ellen, my grandparents, Noah, Ben, Jaqi, aunty Karen, uncle Alex, and of course my family.
 My grandpa is a sick old man. He is bitter and in extreme pain all the time which causes his sick sense of humor and false memories to occur. Meds are the only thing that keeps him tolerable. However, this particular year he was pretty bad and cursing up and down all evening. The worst part of it was that it was in front of Noah which disturbed aunty Karen. She told my uncle to talk to my grandpa about not cursing in front of Noah. When uncle Alex did the room became tense and silent. They fought and shouted at each other. “He’s not even a year old! So I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t curse in front of him!” My uncle had shouted and that brought their brawl to an end only to cause another one. I was thinking at that time that my uncle had no right to say such a thing. He and my aunt both cursed a lot and what he was saying was pure hypocrisy. My grandpa had enough and stormed out of the house shouting, “I want to go home! You never loved me!”
 My grandpa is a huge baby. Even when he wasn’t sick he had always acted like a spoiled child because in truth when he was younger he was. My grandpa picks favorites all the time and I have always had the feeling that because he was the youngest child in his family that’s why he favors my mom over my aunt Karen. My mom is the youngest of the family and was given more attention. My grandpa neglected to be a father to my aunt, which resulted in her addiction to alcohol.
 My mom ended up chasing after my grandpa, crying. She pleaded for him to return to the house but he just wanted go back home. Just a few moments later my aunt came charging at the two of them. She was telling my mom to stop asking him to come back and just to leave him alone. I had to agree with her that it was the best choice but my mom kept insisting otherwise. The result ending up in injury and tears. My aunt got so mad she grabbed my mom’s wrists until they bruised. In return my mom slapped her and then my father broke them up.
 Inside the house was silence and a Noah crying. Ben decided that he was going to leave and bring Noah home with him. Jaqi however stayed and went to comfort Heather who was crying in the downstairs basement. The rest of the evening was like a play. Everyone decided to pretend as if nothing had happened and so we tried to keep the evening as normal as possible. My dad drove my grandpa home and came back later with a tired look on his face. I was disgusted at everyone’s behavior.
 Both my mom and aunt were making excuses for their actions. I had been asked if I was ashamed and I answered truthfully that I was because it could have been avoided. Nothing has changed between our family now. My aunty Karen won’t talk to my grandpa and she avoids my mom as if she were the plague. Pretty much everyone else hides discomfort if my grandpa is around. I don’t honestly like being near him either but what’s done is done. I wish my family could see it that way. I can’t understand why they can’t get over it. They’re supposed to be the adults and I constantly hear “What’s in the past has been done. So move on.” Regardless if they ever do get over it, nothing will be the same anymore.
 

© 2008 Everyday Is Just Another Tomorow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a very interesting story and well worth the read. I think you really wrote this in a effective manor as it drew me in in the very beginning and never let go of my attention. You have a way of telling and tale that can so easily feel inviting even if it was about family drama. But it is family there is always some kind of drama. LOL


Great JOb!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


This sounds like an awful time........so sad that family conflicts like this spoil for everyone..........
why is it the adults act like the children, and poor Noah............can't have been a great day for him and
certainly not for you..................so sorry :(

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2008
Last Updated on February 15, 2008

Author

Everyday Is Just Another Tomorow
Everyday Is Just Another Tomorow

OR



About
Hi there! Welcome to my writing website. I know it is extremely plane because I have yet to actually put up any of my old works but I'm think I'll start putting up new ones. How long that takes me I'm.. more..

Writing