Pretty??

Pretty??

A Poem by Perfect Mistake

Pretty 

That’s what I am, I guess.

I mean, people have been telling

Me that’s what I am since

I was two. Maybe younger. 

                       Pretty

as a picture.(Who wants 

to be a cliché?) Pretty as

an angel. (Can you see them?) 

Pretty as a butterfly. (But

                               isn’t

that really just a glam bug?)

Cliché, invisible, or insect like,

I grew up knowing I was

Pretty and believing everything

                                  good

about me had to do with how

I lokked. The mirror was my best

friend.  Until it started telling

me I wasn’t really pretty

                            enough.

© 2012 Perfect Mistake


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The poem open the door to a long conversation. Beauty is a two-sided coin. People forget to see the mind and thoughts. In a way this is good. A beautiful woman with brains can do great things. Same goes for men. Appearance is important. I believe we need to teach our kids cleanliness, respect and good appearance. Time to be lazy and time to face life. Being pretty is good. All my girls are pretty to me always. Love make us see things with a better eye. A powerful poem. The ending is true. Most of us don't like what we see. I believe great wisdom is learn when we like the person looking back at us in the mirror. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


sometimes it's hardest to see yourself as others see you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, I'm guessing that you rate other parts of yourself too right....:) And beauty is only skin deep anyways,.......its the inside that counts....and you do a good job of describing your feelings here, so thanks for sharing....:)
BB

Posted 11 Years Ago


Enjoyed this poem. Felt like it came from the heart, which is all a poem needs.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Buonasera,

You are the only one who can decide how beautiful you truly are. The ages-old saying that real beauty on the inside is...well, true yet untrue. It's a paradox of sorts. Everyone says that real beauty is beneath the skin yet the entire world cannot seem to stop drooling over models.

There's probably no other solution to that entire mess other than to just trust and love yourself. After all, you are the one who knows you the best.

My favorite part? I would have to say everything up to glam bug. Once I hit that word glam I just...stumbed. It seemed rather...juvenile for the poem. My suggestion is to maybe lengthen that word to glamorous?

Errors: Only one that I found. Towards the end you have "lokked." Which should be corrected to looked.

My rating? Ah...I think I'll take two points off, one for "glam" and one for "lokked." 98/100!

In conclusion, this was ultimately fantastic and sophisticated while slightly naive. Exquisite write!

Arrivederci!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Falling Leaf.

11 Years Ago

Oh, my goodness. Pardon my error. *stumbled!
The self dictates one's self worth, personal health and moral and ethical views. But looks is decided by the outside viewers, always has been. We, the woman or girl control how we feel inside, regardless of what the outsiders rank us as. I simply refuse to listen to those outside. I know who I am inside and I'm happy with that. I am me...it's all I can be. =)

Kate

Posted 11 Years Ago


it's sad someone who looks like and, and especially is like you, who feel such ways about themself, i don't really understand it, but i guess that's just how things work sometimes?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

525 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2012
Last Updated on November 21, 2012

Author

Perfect Mistake
Perfect Mistake

Denver, CO



About
*insert cliche about me that tells why im soooo unique from everyone else* more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SEX SEX

A Poem by The Nude Writer