Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
My Angel

My Angel

A Story by Lexi Wolf
"

Magical Light Hearted short story.

"

He gazed into its oversized eyes and saw a spark, which made him realise this was something peculiar. They were so deep it reminded him of the sun rising from the snowy horizon, like its shining warmth was wrapped in a cool blanket of contempt. He suspected he had to break the ice by showing soothing friendship. Its furry coat shun with life, it looked so light and fragile as if its main ingredient was the softest cloud. Its head only just reached his knee just as a little dwarf would.  The mild breeze brought the odour to his attention, which gently creeped up his nose, it was a comforting smell, like the blanket he had since he was three. It had small, however threatening, claws which at present were softly tucked away behind the fur on its kitten like paws. The creature looked angelic as if brought to earth by heavenly angels. It stood very still on the soft, sun kissed snow, with absolutely no expression on its face except for the movement of its wondering eyes. 

The field they stood in had only a few patches of grass where the snow has melted. The Oak he forever sat by looked very cosy wrapped in snow with its roots fixed deep into the ground. This winter scene was peaceful and was the place where Adam always chose to go when he was feeling blue although this time he got more than he bargained for. In this place he felt safe and calm. This was his getaway, somehow the dark clouds wouldn’t go near this place. He remembered the reason he came here again. It was his family that made him feel lonely. His mum was always busy with his little sister Anna and his dad was working 6 days a week to provide for his family. It seemed he was only the centre of attention when he did something wrong or his test results were back. He tried to lend his mum a hand with her newborn but they would not be separated and when Anna was asleep his mum would be snoozing to make up for the sleepless night. 

He questioned his illusion of reality and whispered to himself ‘This must be a dream’. There was nothing but curiosity on both of their minds. The creature rubbed its face in a very gentle and cute manner that was when he realised it was completely harmless. It seems like the creature was giving him access with its huge eyes reflecting Adam’s image. It stared hard at him but showing fascination and the softness of its heart. The look on its face implied he wanted acquaintance and not confrontation. This made him feel safe and comforted as something this adorable made him want to squeeze it in the snuggest style. Now that he wasn’t alone, he didn’t feel lonely.

 Adam has never been faced with such abnormal yet exiting situation, he was only 15 and to him it didn’t get more exiting than playing ‘knock and run’ with his friends, until now. He didn’t understand how or why it got here but he positively wanted to find out. He sat down, as the confusion he faced made him dizzy. In response to his actions it tilted its head, smiled and finely slumped to the ground next to him. Adam laughed and almost instantly the creature let out a strange sound which resembled a giggle. Adam stretched out his arm in front of him just to make sure, and yes it was copying his actions as if he was observing his self mirror image. After messing around making foolish faces and watching them appear on the creature’s face, Adam was ready to make a new friend. 

He didn’t know weather the creature would understand him or learn in time but he gave it a go anyway. ‘Hi’ he said not expecting a reply while the creature laughed lightly, and then added ‘I’m Adam’. The little creature once again made a peculiar sound he now classed as a chuckle, then in the sweetest voice, with a little struggle it said ‘Hi’ before it started to snigger again. This made Adam smile. He knew that the creature couldn’t speak from its struggle to communicate but it seemed to him it could understand him. He decided to ask it what its name was but the creature just sat there with a blank face. ‘Well then I’ll just call you Angel’ he stated while the creature smiled keenly. ‘Where are you from?’ he asked the creature. Angel pointed to the oak. Adam rose to his feet and noticed a hollow opening. He didn’t have in mind the place where the creature was staying, more where were the rest of his species were. He looked into the tree and saw some dry leaves from the last season, which were flattened to look like a bed and a few acorn shells, which had tiny teeth marks on them. That’s when his phone bleeped. It was a text of his mum. This made Adam exited at first, but once more he was disappointed when he opened the message. It read ‘Anna needs more milk, pick some up before shops close’. He slumped down to the ground again with a thud. Adam stared at the ground, his face revealed so much emotional pain. Angel noticed this and its face dropped feeling sorry for his new friend however when Adam looked at it with watering eyes the creature’s expression showed its confidence in everything working out just fine. Adam forgot about his worries for a sec and locked his eyes on the creature, which seemed like it was asking him to trust it. Angel moved closer to the boy and rested its paws on his thigh, without making a sound Adam knew it was waiting for him to share his problems. He took a deep breath and began to pour his soul out to a fluffy deformed animal he just met with whom he felt a lot easier talking to than any person alive. He described his loneliness and the situation at home and the fact that he wished for more family activities and quality time like eight months ago, before the baby came. 

Suddenly the creature started to hover. Its fur began to shine with bright white light, the creature put its paws on its temples and closed its large eyes. Adam sat completely still, as if in a trance, watching with astonishment. Angel sharply lifted his head towards the sky with complete concentration and then its radiating power was drawn from it. Still with its eyes closed Angel’s arms flopped back down and its head tilted towards its shoulder. The glow was dying out and Angel began to lower back onto the ground until it softly landed on the crystal snow. Concerned about its health Adam leaned over Angel and saw its tiny nose gasping for air. Adam cuddled the creature in his arms while it kept on nodding off and opening its eyes again. He wrapped the creature in his scarf and placed it into its hollow to rest. The creature ever so sweetly took two last deep breaths before it fell deeply asleep.

Reassured his new friend was fine Adam started his journey home. Before he came back to the lonely depressing residence most describe as home, he picked up some milk from the local. He walked in through his front door he heard his mum call from the kitchen ‘Adam? Did you get the milk?’ In reply to he gave a sigh. And carried on into the kitchen and saw her cutting up the tomatoes, she was making a meal! ‘Erm…Yes, I got your milk. If you need anything I’ll be in my room’ he dived for an escape. ‘Actually there is something else. How do you fancy going to the cinema with your dad and me in two days? Your father doesn’t work on Sunday? Pop corn’s on me!’ She shocked him. ‘But what about Anna?’ he wondered if his mum was forgetting something.

‘She will stop at grandmas for two nights, we really should catch up and spend some quality time together’ Shocked, surprised but yet full of joy.’ His wish for being part of family was granted. He couldn’t wait until the next day to tell Angel, he ate his home cooked meal and told his mum he would be back soon. He grabbed his coat and ran to the field. Adam came to the oak panting, out of breath but smiling with anticipation to tell his friend Angel the news. But he was in store for another surprise. The hollow was empty apart from his scarf that was in exact position as he left it. He thought to himself ‘I must have been touched by an angel, My Angel’.

© 2011 Lexi Wolf


Author's Note

Lexi Wolf
A story I wrote when I was 15, the only story I finished so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the detail. I love the indepth decriptions....that is what I personally am lacking in my own writes.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 3, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2011

Author

Lexi Wolf
Lexi Wolf

Staffordshire, Stafford, United Kingdom



About
Hello. I'm Lexi. I love writing stories - mainly fantasy- and poems. I haven't finished a story since I was in high school but started countless. I'm here to make friends, read and learn how to write .. more..

Writing