A Thousand Cuts

A Thousand Cuts

A Poem by Aidylvice
"

A poem about the nature of people who have been hurt, and the consequences that ensue.

"

Isn’t it enough to be satisfied

when all is well?

Perhaps we are all just too young and stupid;

too young and stupid about everything.

When everything is at peace, they cut each other

a little at a time with their words and their actions,

scarred by past pain and present resentment.

They do not care for themselves.

They do not care for anyone.

I watch them from afar,

in their midst yet set apart.

I try to understand them and

I try to know their feelings,

yet I cannot.

They are not like me, and I am not like them.

They do not understand me at all �"

how I could be so disturbed by their destruction.

I see them take their knife,

And slit a piece of everyone they meet

until everyone is shredded to pieces,

and they all die by a thousand cuts.

© 2012 Aidylvice


Author's Note

Aidylvice
What do you think of starting some lines without capitalization? Do you think the words used are creative enough? How does this poem make you feel? What are your other thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i just wonder who they are? who are you talking about? are they a group of people or somthing you feel? i liked how you have written the poem, i dont think there is a problem in starting some lines without capitalization, i liked the flow of the words, i feel i want to know who they are..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really liked this. I felt the emotions so vividly, so great job on that :) As far as capitalization or format goes, I thought it was perfectly fine. It's really the author's choice what style he/she wants to go with. On a parting comment, I feel like this is super relevant to a lot of people. We all do take shots at each other and slowly sabotage our most precious relationships.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i just wonder who they are? who are you talking about? are they a group of people or somthing you feel? i liked how you have written the poem, i dont think there is a problem in starting some lines without capitalization, i liked the flow of the words, i feel i want to know who they are..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2012
Tags: hurt, pain, poem, thousand, cuts, death, perception, wonder, emotion, poetry

Author

Aidylvice
Aidylvice

About
My name is Lydia! I'm a college student who has recently become interested in writing, though I've been writing for many many years. It's kind of a hobby, I guess. :) more..