Inside The Tinsel Bawdyhouse

Inside The Tinsel Bawdyhouse

A Story by Akansha

"Get ready!Someone from the city is coming to see you".said the rich lady. Pinky got excited wishing that some elite people will come to meet her and will bestow her with swanky attires and classy heels which she used to see on the television when she worked as a maid at a teacher's house.
           "And wear this sari and put on some makeup,you have to look your best today"said the lady handing over the dress to Pinky.
"Ji memsahib"she said jubilantly.With her dreamy eyes filled with aspirations she ran into the room to doll herself up like those divas she saw on the T.V.
          She expected it to be the best day of her life as she was too naive to think that it would turn into a nightmare."Memsahib is so generous,she is doing so much for me" she mumbled to herself.
        For her,memsahib was a heavenly lady who has come into her life to grant all her wishes.Since the day she was brought to Memsahib's house she has been provided with all the things she was deprived of when she lived in the filthy hovel.Video games,glitzy clothes,scrumptious food and a well-lit air-conditioned room has always been a flight of fancy for Pinky,a 12-year-old wretched slum dweller who has always dressed in rags and tatters.When she came to memsahib's residence,she was flustered for sometime,but soon the luxuries caught hold of her and forgetting her family she started building castles in the air.
                     "How am I looking memsahib?"Pinky asked chirpingly while adjusting the golden border of her attire.
                    "You are looking lovely,the guests will definitely admire you" the lady said with a smirk on her face and tobacco in her mouth."Now go and wait in your room,I'll call you when the guests will arrive"she ordered. Pinky walked into the room and went off with her day dreaming.
            "Come here Pinky!look who has come."called the lady.Pinky rushed to the porch in elation.She saw a middle-aged man standing there with a wad of thousand rupee notes in his hands.
          "You won't be dissatisfied,i promise you"said the lady with a wicked grin and grabbed the money from the man's hand."Go with him Pinky and do as he says"she commanded.
                The man pulled her inside the room and latched the door making her blood run cold.It was too late for her ingenuous mind to understand what was going on and with the lust of that man and the avarice of her 'heavenly memsahib' she lost her childhood and her dignity.Her life shattered and was gloomy ahead.

© 2014 Akansha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The moment the story started I had a feeling of this. It was very well written, you could expand it a little more. But never though it was a good read and the image at the end fits it perfectly in a sad way.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Akansha

10 Years Ago

Thanks....:)
New Theory

10 Years Ago

you are welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
1 Review
Added on April 29, 2014
Last Updated on May 6, 2014

Author

Akansha
Akansha

Pune, India



About
A girl running in her 20s,venting her bittersweet life experiences through words. more..

Writing
Anticipation Anticipation

A Poem by Akansha