This Is Todd

This Is Todd

A Story by Alfred Kukitz
"

who

"

This is Todd

An inkling of a dark thought occurred to him as he focused on her huge nose. Blind dates can live in the craw the entire evening. She smiled. He smiled. As the huge gap in silence dissipated into the air her voice unleashed a volume of organic beauty rarely heard to the human ear. Todd listened in awe, so much so, her nose disappeared into the avenues of after thought. Behind each utterance came a swoon of syllables in poetic reverberations.
"Hello, my name is Chloe. What's yours?"
Todd tried to settle into his own awareness but his dazed condition befuddled his return.
"I understand, said Chloe, my last date had the same problem."
Todd felt embarrassed. He wanted to escape into the shoulder of a highway or a tall elm tree or even his mother's underwear.
Finally his hello creeped out of the hollow cavern of his mouth.

The night came early. The couple stood closer than they had most of the night. Todd felt success in offering her a pleasant evening. He wanted more. Her ways, voice, the disappearance of her nose all came into play. He focused, gazed behind her eyes.
"Can I have more of you"? It seemed out of place, truncated, blind to the hereditary of soulful words.
She grinned, woefully reminding herself their were ten thousand more dates, but she decided to fit him in on the 18th, a week from next Tuesday, her usual day with mother but what the hell this is Todd.

© 2017 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you Marilyn!

As I look upon your delicate sweet image I can only guess as to what follows. The randomness of my mind plans poorly.

Regards,
Al

Posted 6 Years Ago


Enjoyed reading this part of the story and wonder what is to follow... funny and loving at the same time and it draws us into Todd's perception and appreciation of Chloe... voice matters too!!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 24, 2017
Last Updated on October 24, 2017
Tags: Dark, thought, Todd, nose, date

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing