I Can’t Explain

I Can’t Explain

A Poem by Alfred Kukitz
"

do you know the sound of one hand clapping?

"

I Can’t Explain

Everything.
Forces beyond my control show inevitability
Powers of mind, climate, the universe expanding,
A trillion concepts all leading to peace and war
Show me your soul and I’ll show you mine.
A long stare as to what follows inhabits outside time
We wait, stillness covering our loins, as the sun rises.
In one look we know something I can’t explain.

© 2017 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks Doodley!

We might think of this as an itch of the mind which can't be scratched.

regards,
al

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
We can all relate to your thoughts here, Alfred...

Who can explain everything? Not a soul. For much of our lifetime we grasp with things beyond our control and understanding, doing our best to make sense of it all and carving our place amongst the mystery. But as you have concluded in this poem, there ARE moments when just a stare in the silence can remove the mist from our mind and reveal to us answers and knowledge which no word can explain. And i suppose that is one of the joys of life, finding those answers in the most intimate circumstances.

I enjoyed this write. One to ponder on. Well written and executed as always. Well Done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Thanks Linda,

I crash into mind bending knowledge hopefully thinking serendipity will somehow show the light.

Regards,
Al

Posted 6 Years Ago


It's a fatal flaw of being human ... we are naturally inquisitive, with a desire to know; but we cannot know and explain all things. It's like the calm that the sound of ocean waves can deliver or how the sound of the birds and crickets can make you stop and listen. It's like the bond of a band of brothers that no one will ever understand. It's like wanting to say just the right thing but being unable to find the perfect words. It might be unexplainable by us but that doesn't make it any less real. Some things are meant to be undeniable and true without having to explain them to others. Those that know will always understand.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Thanks Chris!

I’m more like 10 pm guy when I feel the mind bend hard.

Regards,
Al

Posted 6 Years Ago


Thank you Lydia!

I like to penetrate into the plow of thought, work the magic by not working it. My fatalism comes from Nam; I’m carrying a lot of water.

Regards,
Al

Posted 6 Years Ago


Rhetorical questions aren't always meant for silence - so I answer "Yes, I DO know the sound." and I CAN explain things in my own way but seldom to another's satisfaction.

A good work to visit at 2 A.M. - coffee in hand and willing minds to share.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Life can be mysterious...puzzling. There are things we will never understand and we just have to accept that, don't we? I think you are a bit of a fatalist, Al. A new day rises and we wait to see what will transpire. Often, what does is inexplicable. Nicely written. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


Thanks Emma!

Just trying to show an approach to the enigma of life.

Regards,
Al

Posted 6 Years Ago


Perhaps it's best not to understand... tis said that too much knowledge does more harm than ignorance. Acceptance is often the easiest way of finding peace of mind; battling for somerthing causes so much stress and the bending of will to the inexplicable. Perhaps.

Complex thought process, very personal perhaps, not meant to be understood?

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2017
Last Updated on November 20, 2017
Tags: Explain. Peace, War, sun, rises

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..