TATTERED AND TORN

TATTERED AND TORN

A Poem by angeleapaugh

 TATTERED AND TORN

             WHEN YOU LOOK AT MY IMAGE IN THE RECESS OF YOUR MIND
             DON'T HOLD BACK FOR MY SAKE DON'T TRY TO BE KIND
             JUST SPILL IT ALL OUT LET IT TAKE YOUR CONTROL
             TELL ME JUST LIKE IT WAS LET IT RIP THRU MY SOUL
             DON'T SPARE ME THE DETAILS LAY IT ALL OUT ON MY PLATE
             LET ME EAT FROM THE WORMS THAT'S CREATING YOUR HATE
             MAKE SURE THAT I KNOW JUST WHERE THAT I STAND
             IN THIS TIME IN YOUR LIFE YOU HAVE FULL COMMAND
             I'M BROKEN I'M BENT I'M A HOLY DISGRACE
             MAKE SURE THAT YOU SCAR EVERY INCH OF MY FACE
             DON'T LET ME GO ON WITH MY LIFE UNAWARE
             THAT FOR YOU I WAS ABSENT THAT I NEVER DID CARE
             MY LIFE HAS BEEN MEASURED AND I HAVE FELL SHORT
             YOU'VE REIGNED JUDGE AND JURY OF THIS MASQUERADE COURT
             I'M BEAT AND I'M BLEEDING I'M TATTERED AND TORN
             CRAWLING AROUND IN THE DIRT AND REGRETTING I WAS BORN
             I KNOW YOU DESIRE THAT I BRAND EVERY WORD
             FROM YOUR MOUTH TO MY HEART SO YOU'LL KNOW YOU WERE HEARD
             I STAND BRACED AGAINST THE NEXT CUT OF YOUR KNIFE
             WHERE AGAIN I'LL BE PUNISHED FOR GIVING YOU LIFE.

             ANGELEA PAUGH    
              11.30.2016


© 2017 angeleapaugh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like the honesty & blunt language you use to express a universal feeling that most people avoid. I doubt many can invite someone who is mad or disliking or disapproving, to go ahead & spill it, whatever is bothering the other person. If done with grace & respect, it's healthy to share our truth even when it's not that comfortable. I like that aspect of your message here. You have the right balance between spewing gut-level honesty, yet also honoring the process of sharing such tough stuff between friends or lovers.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

angeleapaugh

6 Years Ago

Thank You!



Reviews

'TATTERED AND TORN'
Angeleapaugh,
What is within is seldom revealed wholly. To be on the recieving end is surprising. Because you never really know exactly what someone really feels or thinks or has been affected when in relationship. I see that htis is coming forth from a daughter or son. I can identify with this as I have children now grown. Honestly sharing such as this poem portrays is sometimes needed and better to do then let pain simply sit and relational division continue. You are to be commended for a love which allows for the recieving honest communication to bring good.
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


oh my goodness...killer closing that totally surprised me ..so hurtful when it is a child that says such horrible things to a parent ...while reading i pictured a workplace incident when a co-worker cuts loose on someone ... or a quasi-friend that thinks they are "helping" .. but ones own child ...the pain is almost too deep to bear ..searing is the word that comes to mind ... i have 4 children, all grown and attempting flight ;) gratefully we all made it past those "difficult" times ... by the grace of God i am sure of that!
well said ... straight forward plain language adds to it being so relatable
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I really like the honesty & blunt language you use to express a universal feeling that most people avoid. I doubt many can invite someone who is mad or disliking or disapproving, to go ahead & spill it, whatever is bothering the other person. If done with grace & respect, it's healthy to share our truth even when it's not that comfortable. I like that aspect of your message here. You have the right balance between spewing gut-level honesty, yet also honoring the process of sharing such tough stuff between friends or lovers.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

angeleapaugh

6 Years Ago

Thank You!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
FIN
You're an inspiration, Ms. Paugh.

The emotions you are able to convey through your writing is honest, sturdy and powerful.

I very much liked this poem; even though it is torturous upon the heart, you have done a fine job at capturing (a child's) scornful hatred.

Your words speak volumes, your sentences strike like a slash from a whip spilling emotion.

Well written.

Much love,

LR

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

angeleapaugh

7 Years Ago

I cried all thru this writing and i was lashing out. My best work is when I'm emotional I find. Than.. read more
FIN

7 Years Ago

Always.

LR
absolutely marvelous, & fluently rapped out freestyle poetic work it is!

kinda enjoyed reading an every inch of your deepest words. besides of being so heartfelt, it's still seemed more like a very enraged work. rhythmic patter's proactive. almost had my whole attention. ev'n the capitalization of words's way eye-catching. really had a very good time with your poetry-cum-rap.

looking forward to reading your work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

angeleapaugh

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2017
Last Updated on January 11, 2017

Author

angeleapaugh
angeleapaugh

Smalltown, W.V., United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I love poetry. I write from the heart. I am a novice in a world of professionals. "Carry on my friend and i will do the same!" more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..