Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Here is my theory

Here is my theory

A Story by angelina neves
"

http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/SHORT-STORY-PROMPT-~-A-Blue-Rose-Cafe-Contest!/52788/ - a SHORT STORY, starting with a sentence. 'THERE HAD BEEN MANY THEORIES ABOUT HOW ...

"

There had been many theories about how she had been murdered, but no one knows for sure. I can only tell you about the last talk we had. She was sad, feeling miserable, and tears came easily to brighten her eyes. I asked her what was wrong, if I could help in some way or another. But she said there was nothing I could do.


I insisted to know what was going on. I hugged her tenderly. She kind of cry on my shoulder and I let her cry for a moment silently. Then I sit her down and sit in front of her so we could look in each other's eyes. I asked her to at least think out aloud because it could help her overcome the pain or the sadness.

 

She started by saying: - Everything goes, everything steps away... Do you see? The rain comes and goes, the pain steps in and out, a road comes from far away and passes by to go somewhere else,  even the snail passes and slowly disappears..,. the smells, for example, the smell of menthol comes, stays for a while and goes away, the birds sing a little song and fly away...  Everything comes and goes as we are talking. You will go away... we all go somewhere sometime stepping in and out of each other's lives.  Some go slowly, wandering, others rush to the end... I will go forever some day. I hope I will go at the right time, the time I decided to go.

 

I asked her if she was thinking about death and if it was that what made her sad and miserable. And she didn't seem to hear me and went on rumbling with her thoughts:

 

- I think I come far enough and I have nothing else to do or to look for... I can only find the remains of memories, of steps, of attitudes and, to tell you the truth, I don't know any more if I have ever done something right in my life. All seams a waste of time and energy!

 

I reminded her that she was loved and admired by a lot of people, but I think she didn't hear. And she carry on: - Do you think it will remain some of our steps after we step away? Behind us, can anyone see or feel the remains that remains of the steps we take without stopping every day?

 

And suddenly she looks at me and asked: - Will someone remembers me after I have passed away?

 

I said : - of course you will be reminded by all of us, your friends, family...

 

- I know, for some time I will be remembered - she laugh. And added: - but not for long! And I wonder what parts of me and my life will be remembered. Probably I would not recognize myself if I could hear someone talking about me!

 

- But why are you talking of death? Are you sick? Please tell me. - I asked her.

 

- What is it to be sick? - she asked me and added: - Well, I'm sick and tired of everything! That is all.

 

And she got up and said goodbye as if she was going forever. I didn't know if I should just let her go or run after her. But, I thought that she wanted to be alone and it wouldn't be nice to interfere with her will.

 

Now I think I should have run after her... But now it is too late.

 

In a way she wanted to die. Here is my theory: if there was a murder, I supposed he or she was a friend of hers that just helped her to die at the right time, the one she decided to die...

 

 

© 2016 angelina neves


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh well well done Angi. I loved the concept of the story.....so full of emotion and unanswered questions. A very stirling addition to my contest. Thank you.



Posted 8 Years Ago


angelina neves

8 Years Ago

thank you very much! hugs
Helena

8 Years Ago

You're welcome as aways my faithful Blue Angel xxx

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 5, 2016
Last Updated on April 5, 2016