My people

My people

A Poem by angelina neves
"

Albert's Poetry Cafe ~ Fun With Form! Rondeau Redouble with Poeticpiers Rondeau Redouble: A French form consisting of four quatrains and one quintaine. Each line of the first quatraine becomes a refrain. The first phrase of the opening quatrain becomes a

"

 

Mia Couto: How do you know a snail is lost if the all world is its path?
(“Como se sabe se o caracol anda perdido se toda a terra é seu caminho”...)
How do you know a snail is lost if the all world is its path?
I came from the depths of the see, hunted mammoths with Auel
I belong to Gandhi’s race, flew over the “Cuckoo’s Nest”, had a sun bath
I sing with Beatles, Louis Armstrong, Andrea Bocelli, Jacques Brel

I came from the depths of the see, hunted mammoths with Auel Become Arab, European, Brazilian, Jewish, Palestinian fantasy trap I’m African when I see a savanna night owl Fireflies glowing in the middle of nowhere smell sound tap I belong to Gandhi’s race, flew over the “Cuckoo’s Nest”, had a sun bath I recognize myself in all races, nationalities and languages duel Roots are internal, webs of ideas spread universally up wreath Some think I’m “rootless brothel” I sing with Beatles, Louis Armstrong, Andrea Bocelli, Jacques Brel Belong to millions of worlds, words, ideas wreath I grow huge roots holding the earth’ fuel My people are those standing for human rights in our world path Why it lacks sense to live and love well? I cover myself with flowers and have wings free to flap Honored to be “rootless” as we are not plants for millennia dwell How do you know a snail is lost?
 

© 2009 angelina neves


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have given us a tour around the world Angelina! This is beautiful and original in the same time. I like the "no frontier" contest that you have given to your beautiful poem here. And the snail is definitely not lost.... he has the whole world to find its way... :)
Salaam

Posted 14 Years Ago


Congratulations for winning the rondeau contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very beautiful! I loved it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Its very unique - who'd have thought a snail could capture the essences of things so important and mighty as worldwide affairs, especially in a poem. I can just see the snail traipsing along its languid path.

Posted 14 Years Ago


a fine effort to be sure ivor

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 7, 2009


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dawn Dawn

A Poem by James Paulin