Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
No coffee in the morning!

No coffee in the morning!

A Story by angelina neves
"

http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/9305/ The power of words

"

 

Today I wake up and got furious: “They” had friends and finished all the coffee, there was no butter to put in the toasts I was making and on top of all that “they” had taken my last cigarette…
 
I was mad. I could scream if that made any difference. Instead I had my morning bath to see if I could “calm down”. But the “black” thoughts were invading my mind:
 
- What was the use of this life?
- What sense to all this fussing about things like coffee or respect for others?
- Why trying so many things if everything goes round and round to get to the same old stupid place from where we all have began?
- What the need of wanting to know more, study, whishing to transmit our experiences and thoughts if no one is really interested in them?  - Even if “they” shows some interest and seams to hear the words we are saying, “they” will forget them as soon as they get to the next corner of life.
- What is the use of trying to be better if at the end we all will be just fertilizes for the soil of this Earth so it will produce more plants? - Will it make a difference to Earth if we turn into “intellectual fertilize”, or a “revolutionary fertilize”, or an “exploiter fertilizer”, or any other label we like so much to give to ourselves and others? If the soil doesn’t even knows how to read!
- What is the sense of what we call life?! To me, what will it matter if someone remembers me after I’m death? - And then, if someone “remembers” me, I’m sure it will not be the real me, but someone that lives in the memory of someone else! Probably they will cut off parts that I like, and will be more interest in the ones they will use and will give as an example that will justify their feelings about me! I’m sure they are going to add up things that were never me or mine! I will never be as when I was “in life”!
- Where is the jock hiding?
 
And I continue to moan my “dark thoughts”… Finishing my bath, I dress myself and went to the coffee around the corner, where I always go.  
 
A beautiful young girl of about 20 years old came to pick the order. I asked her to bring me a coffee, half a toast with butter and a glass of water.
 
She received the order, took note in her little note pad and looking at me asked:
- Sorry, but can I tell you something?            
- Of course!
- I love your style! Your way of dressing, of being, of talking... all about you!
- Thank you!
- Is it because of the music?
- Music? Well, I write children books! I don’t play music or sing!  - I told her thinking she was mistaken me for some musician or singer…
- Not that! What I meant to ask is if your stile comes from the type of music you hear!
- Well, I hear almost all kinds of music!
- Jazz, you hear that, for sure!
- Yes! And I hear rock, not very hard… and romantic, dancing music, and classic…
- You have style!
- Thank you!
- It is a coffee, half a toast with butter and a glass of water?!
- Yes!
 
So a thought came to me as I seat there waiting for my order:
-         Well, even strangers look at us and “learn” and “capture” some essence of us! Imagine! A young 20 year old girl thinking that I have “style”! It could only be there, in my way, to “rub of” all the black thoughts and bring to my mind other more happy ones!
 
In an amazing way we can even be “fertilizing” the minds of others, when alive and not even notice it!
I became renewed by a young worker in the corner coffee shop, from whom I don’t even know the name, the story, the dreams… Isn’t this incredible?! Like a little “miracle” giving some sense to this live!
 
And isn’t it amazing how no coffee at home can make you think and question about life?! And just some words can change your way of thinking about life?
 
Really, we are very strange beings!
 
Good morning to all of you! It is a lovely morning after all!

© 2009 angelina neves


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was fun and incredible to read..sometimes others see us so differently than we see ourselves..
wonderful writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You express such amazing thoughts of depth and richness about life and a single cup of coffee... I loved your words, the thoughts and flow captivated me!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2009
Last Updated on December 19, 2009