Saying Goodbye

Saying Goodbye

A Poem by Midori
"

This is a poem about how hard it is to say goodbye to your best friend...this really happened and the feelings are true.

"

 It was an October day and we all knew that this day was coming.


We had plans to hangout as much as we could before you left.

 

I had prayed God would do what's best for you and your family, and he did.


You cried when you said good bye to all your old friends and the life you had.


You wanted to go but you also wanted to stay.


 I gave you your goodbye gifts and told you not to open them until you were gone.


I gave you a hug not knowing when I would see you again.


I said my goodbyes as I watched you drive away.


Into the distance I wished you the best of happiness. 

© 2011 Midori


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The poem shows your true feelings and it captues them well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this poem...ironically...I had to say goodbye to my best friends in like the exact same way...funny ;) Its a good poem and you capture the feelings well...but some of it has choppy sentences and it doesn't flow all that great...with a bit of work it could be a really great poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 8, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2011

Author

Midori
Midori

GA



About
I'm home schooled and I am a complete Jesus Freak, this effects my writing because I refuse to write anything dirty. My passions are drawing and writing, and hopefully my future will be centered arou.. more..

Writing
 The Smile  The Smile

A Story by Midori