Sir Anselot

Sir Anselot

A Story by Annawrites
"

It's from my dog ', Ansel's perspective, and his personality shines in my short story =). He's itching to get this bone from his cousin, Greta, the other Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

"

Sir Anselot

 

          I am proud to be a Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.  I know a long name for a small dog.  I am Ansel, and just turned one year old!  I am a big boy now! I am excited to be one year old!  Mama gave me and Greta a birthday party, and let me tell you-it’s quite fun.  Anyways, I have brown-excuse me, chestnut brown and white fur with these adorable brown eyes.  Greta is my cousin, the other Cavalier, the pain in the behind Cavalier. But I do still love her like a sister.  Greta is a tri-color which means she is brown, black, and white all over, also known as ‘Freckle-Face’, ‘Wiggle butt’ and ‘Chunky Monkey.” Put it all together and you get a tongue twister: “Freckle-face-wiggle-but-and chunky monkey.” Say that all together.  I have the coolest nickname, Sir Anselot.  I own that nickname.

            Let’s go back to why Greta is a pain in the behind, or pain in the butt rather.  Our favorite game is “Keep away.”  The rules are simple, and you have to go by strictly the rules.  One dog has the bone and tries to keep it away from the other dog.  Can you see where this is going?  Guess who has the bone now? Greta! Gurr, it makes me boiling mad, I tell you!  Greta has this sneaky way of not letting me have that darn bone.  She turns her whole body, away from me so I would not snatch the bone away from her.

            “Give it back!” I bark loudly.  I keep barking, telling on her.  My barking gets on everyone’s nerves.  I mean by everyone, it’s mostly Sissy, whose sitting on the couch-playing with those needles.  Maybe I should chew on those needles; no…focus must get that stinkin’ bone of hers!

            “No!” Greta snaps back and growls at me. I hunker down, this means war.  I jumped on the couch to put my plan in place to snatch that bone.  I curl up against Mama’s leg, Mama is on her laptop, typing away.  I look up at her with my adorable look-my cute brown eyes just staring at her.  I bring my head up against her chest and snuggling in tight against Mama, trying to make Greta jealous.

            “Does Greta have the bone?” Mama talks puppy talk which I most absolutely love.  Mama glances down at Greta, whose happily chewing on the bone.  It makes me mad!  I desperately want that bone!  “You are Sir Anselot, go get that bone!”

            “Give me the bone,” I bark in response.

            “Go snatch it,” Mama replies.  “Go get it.”  I can do that.  I can snatch that bone, wrong!  I don’t have the courage to get the bone away from Greta, it just doesn’t feel right. Greta finally hops on the couch, with the bone in her mouth.  She threatens at me by growling.  Before I could blink, I snatch the bone from her mouth.  Mama laughs.  Greta gives me “what did you just do” glare on her face. 

            I got the courage to take away the bone from Greta!  Greta is a bit of a bully, and I got my nerve to stand up to her.  I am now happily chewing away on the bone.  I am Sir Anselot, and I love to chew bones. 

© 2012 Annawrites


Author's Note

Annawrites
ignore the grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 20, 2012
Tags: humor, funny, pets, dogs, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Author

Annawrites
Annawrites

About
Hi I'm Anna, and just started with creative writing =) I'm currently working on Poetry more..

Writing