LLyr

LLyr

A Story by annalysiar
"

A God falls I love with a mortal woman

"
He was lost to time...
They had come from the cosmos.... lost to time in the never ending abyss that held the stars and planets alike...
He had seen many moons and suns and many supernatural sights... so much so... wonders were a common luxury to him.
Time was another luxury that he had plenty of... when he and his clan drifted to a barren planet. That was made from a massive collision. He felt a gust that wasn’t uncommon, many dead stars collided with one another and created a new star. This would surely be the same... Yet they graced the barren waste land with life, it was peaceful with only their kin who were many at the time... a time when wonders were natural and common... as animals and creatures became more popular he drifted to the massive water he had created. The water that was his sanctity.
It suited his name: Llyr. Which, in their language meant “The Sea.”
Llyr watched the birth of man and beast and the worlds interests became seamed anew with these strange, primal creatures. There were made by light filled creatures they had dubbed as “Pure Ones.” The Pure Ones were gentle creatures who nurtured and catered to life. They valued and sought out all creatures. They fascinated him, until they began to grow in their wondrous ways. Seconds. Hours. Days all seamed to blur to Llyr, and the wonder ceased for him; life had become dull...
Many of their clan either took to the stars or they were vanquished...a feat he had witnessed from the seas. It was silver that killed the beast... eventually that silver would come to be called Nitrate...the beast was a young one. A newborn who stumbled to the metal in complete accident. A Pure one tried to restore the lost life only for death to claim the life of the Pure One as well.
Llyr and his clan were massive creatures with fangs and haunting eyes. They varied in size and color some, like Caddock, their leader were ferocious and intimidating with their many horns and piercing red pupils. Some were long and snake like, graceful when they took to the skies. He watched the growth of man from his spot of the ocean where he gave life to many creatures to sustain the people who graced his shores. They could take many forms, as man evolved some preferred the look of the humans.
Time and eras escaped him as humans evolved and grew in intelligence and danger... in their limited intelligence and understanding of the world, the humans came up with names for the wonderful creatures that had proceeded them.
Llyr was the sea it’s self, who eventually became known as a water god which, with time turned to Hale then Lir and eventually Poseidon...
Let them have their fables and tales... it was dull to say the least...

One day, a particularly hot day he took the human form of a man, he was muscular and tall. His eyes were a piercing blue with inhuman red pupils that no magic could hide. His hair, soft gold cascaded down his toned back as he seamed to ascend from the waters to the sandy shoreline. Eventually this land would come to see many battles and evolutions... however it was pure to him, the humans, though crass were a gentle breed. Simple and easily guided. Llyr never had to do much to pass fear into them.
It turned to a silent understanding: he would watch them, indulge mundane curiosities and they would leave him to his own.
He covered his nude body in a robe like cloth that he kept in an abandoned hut which stayed hidden to curious human eyes, as he came from the hut, he saw her.
She was small perhaps she would barely meet his chest were they to stand toe to toe.... her ebony colored hair was in a thick braid that snaked down her back. She wore a sheer white dress that tumbled to her feet and hid what lied beneath. She had to be young, for females in the village seamed more... shapen with curves and a beauty only a female in the prime of her youth could have. This one radiated youthful innocence that a child possessed. Yet she also illuminated a curiosity that girls coming to their own possessed...
He knew he was staring when she spun in the sand and startled crystal colored eyes met his ocean blue ones.
Llyr felt his breath hitch. She seamed to stop breathing as her eyes bore into his. She was confused and scared as was he. He had only heard of this phenomenon from few clan members. He had yet to actually see or experience it. Even their leader fell for the lovely Athansia, of the wind in such a manner. He would have to consult him.
“Posiden graces me with his presence.” She gasped. Llyr tilted his head when she threw herself to his feet and started babbling prayers.
“Are all mortals so erratic?” He replied as he came to a crouch in front of her. Her head snapped up and she gazed into his eyes again. Time seamed to disappear again, only this time it was different. He couldn’t lose time...not with her... and that got to him...
Something he always took for granted in the futility of death, now seamed precious and the wonder came back to him as a blow that made him wince with the overflow of new emotions... and it all was because of this.... girl.
Part of him itched to kill her, to rid himself of these foreign feelings and tumbling questions; however he was also intrigued... if this girl could show him feeling surely she would brighten his dull world. This was something he had always wanted... but the wanting .... always came at a price... Llyr feared this wanting would cost him his sanity...
Thankful he was without his usual trident, a weapon forged from his own hide, turned to fine gold with hues of blue jewels and pearls from the ocean that was his home... it was this weapon, a gift from another such as himself...that had only served to fuel the many stories and myths about him, Llyr tilted his head at her lack of reply.
“Have I offended you, mortal?” Llyr asked, seeking a reaction. Seeking her voice. She sounded musical. It only served to pique his many questions and growing curiosity.
“I should ask that. You are a God.” She whispered in awe, as if that realization dawned on her anew, a fresh wave of panic overcame her; her lips parted in a gasp of awe mixed with a silent scream of fear. Crystal eyes widened and the squeezed shut; “Please don’t smite my village!” She pleaded as she bowed her head again.
His chuckle rumbled deep in his chest as he started to laugh, a foreign rumbling sound that amused him further. Llyr tossed his head back and he laughed. For the first time in a very long time. The girl before him could only try to will herself away lest he be mad and decide to destroy her and her village...
“You amuse me, mortal. Will you accompany me on a stroll along the shore?” She nodded dumbly and he stood to extend his hand to her. “You are so kind. You need not waste such gestures on someone so low.” Llyr frowned and she winced, expecting a violent outburst. But none ever came, instead he watched her with burning curiosity... it was a silence she couldnt dare to describe when He rumbled a humm that indicated a lack of understanding. “Nonsense.” He rumbled as he started to walk along the shore. She ran to keep up with him...
“Will you tell me stories... of your short life, mortal?” Llyr asked after a moment of silence. “Your many moods pique in curiosities. In my long life, morals are either fearful or full of mundane worship which also stems from fear.” Llyr explained as he stopped walking and looked at the girl at his side. “Tell me, are you fully grown, human? The grown humans look different from you yet you do not resemble a child either.” The girl tilted her head with a blush,
“Um, my name... is Amatheia....?” She mumbled, hoping to not anger the immortal at her side. “My mother says when my body begins its cycle bleeding... then i am a woman. So I am not grown and not a child either.” “Sea Nympyh?” Llyr asked, pondering on her answer... there was an in between for humans? A female had to bleed? Why would the Pure Ones be so grotesque? He shuddered the thought away and continued with the conversation at hand; “I never knew the Nymphs took to the sea...They were made for the land...as earthling spirits, what seams so long ago...” LLyr pondered out loud to which Amatheia giggled. “I guess time escapes you, water God.” She commented, discomfort and formality having escaped her. “When you are around me, Sea Nymph...you are to be yourself like this...” Llyr commanded to which the black haired girl nodded. “My father said that my cry sounded like a siren song... beautiful and luring...he said that I was a beautiful baby as I will grow to be a beautiful woman.” Amatheia murmured with a sadness in her eyes. She was so open with her emotions, Llyr felt himself drawn to her...her answers only gave birth to new questions. “So he named me Amatheia... water nymph...” Llyr nodded and he hummed in understanding.
The continued to talk, to Llyr what seamed like hours. Time, tough it escaped him, was never a thought....until happening upon this girl. It was dusk when she said she needed to return home. Llyr watched her run off. He looked at the sky and suddenly the mixed pinks and purples looked brighter. He would say they looked beautiful...
And that thought made him eager to see the young mortal again.

They continued like that... for what seamed eternity...
And that vexed Llyr. Time was never a thought for him as he drifted about it as he drifted along his ocean which came to be a different name in every shore he came to. His days would pass with him idly wondering the sea, which turned to visiting Caddock and then to walking random villages until he found himself back at the beach, expecting the girl known as Sea Nymph
She would forgo her shoes and lift her dress to her knees as she walked along the shore lines with him. Sometimes she would giggle and twirl and on occasion she would stop all movement and bend down to gracefully dig in the sand where she would find a seashell. Llyr wondered how something so trivial could cause such wonder to appear in her eyes. She would bring the object close to her face and gaze at it. Then she would press it to her ear and listen.
“My father said you can hear the ocean from these.” She explained when she caught him staring at her, trying to figure out her fascination. “It is an object of the sea. So the seas song is captured within it.” Llyr replied. Amatheia smiled, a thin smile that he would call a smile, but there was a sadness to it. The thought made him tilt his head. Her sadness made a crestfallen expression cover her face in a gentle frown and downcast eyes. He found that he didn’t like her sadness, or her tears and he would often use his magic to bring the delighted smile full of wonder back.
“Why are you sad?” He asked, “You have lived so long... Sea God, I’m sure I seam like a child to you to your many years alive...” She observed. Llyr let a tired sigh escape his lips, “Yet...wonder perplexes you as though its foreign to one such as yourself. I often wonder if you just watch life and time pass without actually partaking in life and time.” Such an innocent statement, though to him it was a reprimand. He could hear Caddock nagging that he’s too stiff. That he should enjoy life and the beauty around him...
was this what he was saying..? Wanting to ebb the girls sadness and worry for him,
Llyr extended his hand to the shell and she slowly gave it to him. He looked at the pale object, a cone shaped shell that had dull spikes on it. It was a dull wonder nothing to be in awe at, were he to be honest. However he still put the open portion of the cone that crabs and what not would burrow into for a shelter before they cast it aside for something better... and he closed his blue eyes and listened to the whispered song of his sea. But an echo yet he pulled the shell from his ear and he looked at the girl before him. She offered a small smile this time. A smile that showed him he had pleased her and he basked in it. Him. Llyr, the sea, a formidable beast unaffected by time and age.... fallen to the whim of a mortal girl who has lived a mere second of his life.
Llyr enclosed the shell in his large hands and at her cry of amazement, he opened his hand to reveal the same shell that was now glowing pink. She took it and pressed it to her ear... she heard the song of the sea. “I offer this gift to you, Amatheia..” He rumbled. Amatheia’s jaw dropped and she hugged the shell to her chest. “I will... Cherish this forever, Sea God.” “LLyr is my name, mortal.” He sighed as she started to hum as she twirled along the edge of the water. With the shell clutched to her chest, she would watch it change color and hum to her...
He felt something stir within him, when she called his name in her sing song voice.
“Llyr means sea,” She sang. Llyr could only watch her antics... he wanted her at his side within the sea. When she was a the peak of her womanhood... he would surely claim her as his...and all of his days would be colorful and bright as the shell she seamed to treasure...

He watched her fill out as womanhood made herself known. If possible she was even more beautiful with time. Her crystal eyes still sparkled with her every emotion and she would still twirl as they walked along the edge of the water. Her impossible long hair now rested at her thighs and She came to his shoulder.
He quickly learned that she detested violence and death. It was a rainy day that he happened onto the shore when he found her yelling at some boys who were kicking a wounded dog. He slowly walked to the scene and healed the dog on the spot. Amatheia covered her open mouth in shock.
“Leave the animal be, children lest you spark my ire.” He ground out, making the children jump at least a foot in the air if he had to guess. The children stammered as they slowly turned around to face the amused god before them. “I believe your mother calls the both of you.”
Amatheia knelt to inspect the dog, “He’s not hurt..” She observed. “Does that please you, Sea Nymph?” Llyr asked as he watched her play with the yapping beast. “I am relieved...” She sighed. “How are you, Sea God?” She asked, and they took to one of their usual long conversations that left Llyr hovering at the shore, waiting for her to wake the next day....
Amatheia often found herself resting against his back as he had taken to a flute she had given him on a random day. The flute was simple, anyone would turn it away but Llyr kept it on his person at all times. Every time she saw it tied to his person by the sash of his robe, she would blush and smile a small shy smile that she hid behind her hands as she would turn from him and seek amusement elsewhere until her cheeks would cool. Llyr felt a foreign warmth flow from his chest and throughout his body, seeing that smile. He had to say that was his favorite expression from Amatheia ...
On this day Llyr sat at the shore, playing his flute when Amatheia threw herself at his form. Llyr stopped playing when he felt a wetness between his shoulders. “Why do you weep, sea nymph?” He asked after a moment of listening to her whimpers. Her crying seamed to be a frequent feat, One that he longed to end. However Amatheia would always stay his hand.
“I will be fine, Llyr, Do not spill blood for me, okay?” She would often say with a small smile that always calmed him. It vexed him that she suffered. It vexed him more that she wouldn’t let him alleviate her anxieties and suffering... and when he would voice that opinion, a frown would mar her face and her eyes would fill with tears. “I don’t want to see you kill for trivial matters...” She would sigh, “You are not a monster, Llyr... you’re... youre too beautiful to kill ignorant humans.” He would ask her to explain but she would remain silent. Sometimes she would wrap her arms around him and lay her head on his chest. His hand would drift to her hair and he would idly stroke it as she sought his comfort. He would give her whatever she asked.
Shaking away the sentimental thoughts, LLyr waited for her to answer when her arms snaked around his waist. “A nobleman asked for my hand in marriage.” The small woman sighed, her hold tightening on him. Silent tears still sliding down her cheeks. LLyr narrowed his eyes, “You are not an object to be bartered. If this male wants you... He will face me.” Llyr rumbled. Amatheia sighed, “I am not worth you spilling blood, sea god.” “Is it not human custom to duel if a male shares interest in ones intended?” Llyr asked, thoroughly confused at her objection to him fighting for her. “It is... but I am mortal...” She tried but he would have none of it. Not this time, placing a gentle hand over hers he tilted his head toward her, “You are the only thing that matters to me in this world, Amatheia.” He murmured, “You are the sun to me. And I will earn your affections, your heart and your body when the time comes. You will be with me... for eternity. Nothing is too much for you, Sea Nymph.” Llyr declared. Amatheia was red with fresh tears in her eyes, “How can you say such things about a common human woman?” She asked, her voice muffled since she buried her face between his shoulder blades. LLyr growled at her words. “Killing is easy... its nothing special, especially when the odds are so uneven. You are a god, and you would fight a mortal man for a common village girl?.” Amatheia mumbled. “I would. There is nothing low or common about you, Amatheia. Would I fight or kill for a mortal woman?” Llyr asked. “I would not. I would gladly fight and kill for you.” He empathized, to which the young woman gasped, “I will tell you again, Sea Nymph...nothing is too much for you. I am mighty in power, yet I bow to you and I do it with pride.” Llyr declared, “My body is your shield,my trident is your sword, and when the time comes, my immortality will be yours as well.” Amatheia sighed as more tears slipped from her eyes. “This...is special... this... is beautiful... being like this...” She whispered as she slowly let go of the god before her and he angled his body to see her face. Crystal eyes puffy from crying. Pale cheeks stained red... He raised a hand to the growing purple stain on the right side. “Who struck you?” He asked as he gently cupped her cheek in his hand. “I will see their end without spilling blood if you do not wish to see it.” He rumbled. Amatheias cheeks grew hot as the red seamed to grow redder on her cheeks. “I can give you the world. I can show you the wonders of the cosmos and more. And this-“, he stroked her bruised cheek, “Will be forbidden. No one will dare to harm you. In any way.” He promised. Amatheia smiled, a wide smile as her eyes filled with tears again. “Will you show me... your real form?”
Part of him was apprehensive: would she run from him? Would she accept him? The questions wrapped around his chest and clogged his throat. He felt his palms grow sweaty in this new emotion. It was a moment.... two before he gathered his courage and rid himself of his doubts. With a deep breath,
LLyr stood and he offered his hand to Amatheia. “I will grant you any wish you desire...” He murmured as she came to her feet. “You are my life.” Llyr hooked a finger under her chin and tilted her head back ever so slightly, before Amatheia could reply, his lips were on hers in a soft kiss. Her crystal colored eyes closed and she gripped the front of his white robe as he pulled her closer to himself, deepening the kiss....
“Open your eyes, sea nymph.” His voice sounded around her and in her ears. She was under water surrounded by colorful corals and various fish and plants. She gasped expecting to feel pressure from lack of oxygen, however she learned that she could breathe... “You will always Be able to breathe under water now, mortal...” His voice sounded again. Amatheia blinked and there was a scaly body surrounding her in place of the human body she was pressed against. An eye roughly the size of her head stared at her when she blinked and saw the whole picture. It was a fabled monster that resembled a serpent. A long horn was on either side of its massive head, his body seamed to go on for miles and various shades of blue, white fur travelled along the top of its Body in a thin strip. She wanted to touch the fur. His snout, wide as a hut opened wide to reveal sharpened pearl white teeth. The thin tentacles that were on either side of its face grew in width until her eyes reached the top of its head when he closed his massive mouth. The top of his head was webbed between the two horns...
She extended her hand until she touched his snout. Smooth...like the ocean....
Was her last coherent thought...

Amatheia woke up in her bed. It was night. She shot up and ran out of her hut, back to the beach to see Llyr,.. The God she had since fallen in love with, The years they spent together...she wanted more. She wanted to be at his side as long as he would allow... She clutched the shell he had given to her to her chest as she ran through the village to the beach. She would go to him and he would take her from this place, she would embrace him and his world and they would be together as they had been for years... her mind danced along the thought of children and a never ending life as they would stay together and left the mortal world behind them. He had to be there.... He was always there, always waiting for her, expecting her.... She would share her heart with him as he did with her and they would start their lives together... he...
Her thoughts came to a halt when she saw the beach.
The beach was empty. The sand, bathing in moonlight looked like a white ocean to its dancing black counterpart. She stumbled onto the sand and hummed into her shell. This always brought him to her... She would tell him to take her away. That she would be at his side as long as she was alive... Amatheia continued to hum into the shell willing her God to come to her...
It was a moment, maybe two when she felt a warm body behind hers and she sighed, until rough hands grabbed at her upper arms.... Amatheia slowly turned her head to see the leering grin of the Nobleman who had asked her hand.
The cruel man who had struck her every time she offended him.
“K-k...” He slapped her before she could finish stuttering his name. She fell to the sand in a heap as tears stung her eyes. Amatheia’s grew wider with anxiety as she was surrounded by armed men. “Summon the God, witch.” The nobleman commanded. Amatheia eyed the weapons...silver metal...
‘The silver will burn and for some it can be deadly. It can harm one such as me, imprison me as well but my people have yet to find such a thing that will kill us. Besides losing a mate.’ She remembered him telling her when he came across the silver on one of their many walks..
Amatheia shook her head frantically. And the Nobleman growled. “You will guard a beast?!” He slapped her again. “He is not the beast, you are.” The young woman said, yes, she would protect him. She would give him all she had. She would kill for him if he asked her to... he was her love. Her God. He was hers....
Amatheia remained silent,... as they violated her, and tortured her and eventually she was completely broken... she wouldn’t call out to LLyr... He could never be captured by those savage men. Not only would they die, but he could be harmed, even as simple as a burn.... if by some miracle they did capture him... why would they want him? Would they torture him? She would never forgive herself should that happen. He was the sea... captivity would not be fair. She she remained silent. She prayed he wouldn’t come. She prayed....

LLyr came to the shore, to see the usual white waves of sand stained red. There was a group of men, hollering and hosting as lashes sounded. He came to the circle and watched them lash a black haired woman who was gnawing her bottom lip to keep quiet. When his shell fell from her limp hands that were stiff from gripping it so hard, he felt the familiar burn of anger swell in his chest.
“What is is meaning of this?!” His thunderous voice boomed, startling the men. There stood a nude man who glowered at them, blue eyes seaming to glow in the florescent moonlight. “You all dare to harm what is mine?!” His form loomed over theirs as he surveyed the scene. With a feral growl, Llyr waved his hand and the men flew a decent ten feet from him, “You all will meet your end this night.” He ground out. “No...” Amatheia gasped as blood spilled from her bruised mouth. At the sound of her raspy voice, his anger was replaced by consuming guilt and concern. Llyr gathered the broken woman into his arms and he started to heal her.. But the glowing light faded into the girl who remained broken. “No...” Llyr gasped....a new, hard feeling gripping his heart with ice cold fingers. “You cannot be lost to me...” Amatheia smiled as more blood spilled from her battered body. “They...silver..” She sighed as she reached to touch his cheek. “The sea...I am strongest..I can...” “No...” The dying woman whispered. “I feel no pain...in... your arms...” She sighed. “I...Love...you...” She whispered as her body fell limp in his arms. LLyr felt something wet sliding from his eyes and down his cheeks. He felt a sob, something completely foreign to him, shake his body as he tried to save the girl in his arms...He promised her... and he failed her... why didn’t she call him?
He felt.the air leave his body, As the sobs continued to tear from his throat. He felt like his heart was chipping away with each second that passed. The foreign feeling was heavy and smothering,,, The world that was once so bright before him, was now meaningless...
And with that thought A burning coursed through his body, Hs eyes though full of tears filled with a raw, Burning anger as some of the men gathered their weapons and the silver. The foolish mortal took their torment in silence as to protect him... The burning grew and his eyes glowed with the raw emotion he felt, Stupid girl, he thought as rumbling feral growls slipped from his fangs that he bore to the savage men who took very life he found in this hollow world.. she should have called him and he would have protected her. She would still be with him. The anger burned raw and hot it was consuming and addictive...
“You think to tame me by taking that which is mine.?” Llyr ground out, fire burning in every word. “You will rue the day you were ever born, filthy scum.” He waved his hand and his trident appeared before him. He lifted it, intent on destroying these beasts who took Amatheia away...
‘Killing is easy. So it is not special...’ her voice rang in his ears and his movement halted.
‘This,,,being like this....is beautiful...you’re too beautiful...to kill....’
A loud, ground shaking roar ripped from his throat. It echoed through the villiage and shook the sea that was beside him, his roar was loud and agonizing. It ended with him falling to his knees in a lifeless heap. There was a moment of silence, two and a third..then the volcano that made up the small island just...popped...a massive cloud of dust loomed over the bright moon and his burning blue eyes gathered his broken woman into his arms as he drifted to the sea...
He cradled her to his body as he willed himself to join her in death. To keep her close to himself forever...to stay at her side....for eternity... He was hollow how, broken and he forsaken humanity and life its self. For without his Sea Nymph...what was the point of life?

“They will be like the nymphs...only in water.” Llyr nodded slowly. Hearing byt not listening, tuning out their words as Caddock and Jing stood at his flanks,
He felt the life leaving his body, The world was meaningless. Time meant nothing. Life.... he hated life. He hated the world and everything in it. A tear slipped from his eye and it crystalized into his hand. He held the tear to the Pure Ones that stood before him, in anxiety at the negative emotions rolling off of him in waves.
“I offer my tear..with it you have the power and command of sea herself....” And he was gone. ...
Drifting about the ocean, he felt like a shell of himself. He guessed he was going mad. When he felt a tug at his heart. Llyr followed the tug to the shore where he previously gave the Pure Ones the last remainder of his physicality, There were seven of them, Babies with colored eyes... it was the youngest with crystal colored eyes that he reached for, “ Nymphai..." he sighed the name his lost love wanted for a child. This newborn eyes filled with innocence and life... he would turn the world for her who resembled his lost love.

© 2019 annalysiar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fascinating stuff well written. I got lost in the ocean!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Did you, by chance, lose your vowels when writing the title ??

Posted 4 Years Ago


annalysiar

4 Years Ago

Nope. Llyr is a name. Means Sea God... or something like that
Gee

4 Years Ago

Hmmmmmmmmm
annalysiar

4 Years Ago

True stuff. I go for the most abstract names.
And ‘Y’ is sometimes a vowel. In this case.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2019
Last Updated on May 21, 2019

Author

annalysiar
annalysiar

san antonio, TX



About
I'm a simple person normally the quiet person in the room. My thing is honesty... Trust and we're great. Where I'm from trust is all you have. I love to write and I love to read. I have horrible gr.. more..

Writing
Undo Undo

A Poem by annalysiar