Someone Else's Freedom

Someone Else's Freedom

A Chapter by Annie N.
"

Shorter chapter for now...

"

In the light of dawn she stood, squeezed

 into a uncomfortably small black dress. She dug her feet into the cool wet sand of the beach, and felt the sea foam glide over her toes. A gentle mist hung over the air, and it smelt of saltwater. She was holding a glass jar, carrying the remains of her grandmother. She was alone. Pressing her cheeks against the cold glass, she peered into the jar, and saw the familiar face of her grandma looking at her through the glass. She was wearing her favorite cardigan, the one Tabitha Myune had made for her. It was a sad shade of blue, like the sky. Her grandmother smiled at her through the glass, the soft wrinkles on her forehead creasing. She turned and walked slowly towards the water, and waded until she was waist deep in the ocean and the waves were crashing against her. Tabitha wanted to yell at her to stop, but her lips were frozen. Her grandmother smiled at her one last time before she turned away and disappeared into the glittering ocean. Her deep blue cardigan blended into the waves, and Tabitha Myune let out a deep sigh. Her breath fogged up the glass, and the vision disappeared. She slowly twisted open the lid of the jar, and scattered her grandmothers ashes along the breeze, watching as it floated into the ocean, and her grandmother's last wish was granted. Now she was free. But Tabitha Myune wasn't. And she hated that. 



© 2010 Annie N.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on October 15, 2010
Last Updated on October 15, 2010


Author

Annie N.
Annie N.

About
We are all born writers. Only some of us are lucky enough to find the reason to begin. Contemporary Poet, Café Frequenter, Slam Poet and Full-time Youth. It's been almost 3 years at the.. more..

Writing