The Chip

The Chip

A Story by archerylov3r
"

Two Girls a new invention and a whole lot of action. Saving the world wasn't even a thought in middle schooler Maddie and Gracies mind but an amazing invention was the key to saving the White House.

"

I remember that day like it was yesterday, mainly because it was the day that changed everything.  It was a Wednesday morning in between periods.

*                *               *

“Maddie!”  I hear my name being called from a distance.  I whip head to see my best friend Gracie coming running up to me knocking people out of her way like a bull.

“I did it!”

“Did what?” I say.

“I finished the chip?” Everyone in the hallways voices lower and there are like 30 kids staring at us.

“Oh… I screamed that, didn’t I?” She whispered.

“Yea, ya did.” Which came out much more sarcastic that intended.”

“What is this chip thing that you are talking about.”

“Meet eat my locker after school, you will come over I will show you.” The bell rings and we both rush into the classroom.  When the day finally ends I go to my locker and then rush to Gracie’s right after.  After we leave school we walk back to Gracie’s house and she starts to explain about the chip that she invented.

“It’s a Bluetooth device used for nonverbal communication”

“So, like texting?” I say.

“Sure, but with your brain.”

     This piece is placed on the inside of the ear which can send waves using the already cloud.  Allowing the two users to communicate from anywhere in the world.”

“That’s so cool!” I scream.

“OK great that you think so because I need somebody else to test it out for me.”

“Umm there is no way you are connecting a chip to my ear!” I scream.

“Why not I will do it too and you can talk to me in classes.  I’ll help you with the work and no one will see or hear anything.”

“So, I can get good grades for once!” I say.

“Yes.”

“Fine I’ll do it only because if I fail my finals my mom said won’t take you with us on our trip to D.C” I reply

“Yes!” She screams Gracie begins to place the piece in her ear it has to cut the skin so I watch her flinch.  I begin to get it in my ear so I just feel a sharp pain for a few seconds.  “now let’s see if they work.”  Gracie flicks her ear to power the device on. Maddie! Maddie can you hear me? 

“yes, that’s awesome.”

  I scream “now just think my name and what you want to say.  I breathe in and think Gracie hey can you hear this?  Yes oh my goodness she says.

 

 

 

She flicks her ear again and they both shut off.

“That is amazing Gracie”

“Thanks!”

“You should market them”

“Nah, not yet let’s see how they work”

My mom text me and I say goodbye to Gracie and walk home for dinner  I sit down at the table and I hear something.

Maddie, not sure if you can hear me but the range may able to reach.

I can hear you I respond.  Maddie what are you doing?  “Why aren’t you eating?”

“Sorry mom just really tired I guess, school was so much work.

“Why don’t you go up statirs get ready for bed”

I smile and then begin to go up the stairs.  I hear the constant buzzing of my alarm clock.  I yawn as I attempt to wake up I guess that I must have fallen asleep.  I get ready and begin to walk to my bus stop.  I’m half way there when I flick my ear “hey Gracie, can you hear me?

Yeah

Ahh this is cool.  I continue on my way to my bus.  When the bus gets to school I hop off and walk into class.  I walk in the halls while talking to Gracie.   I walk into English as Gracie goes down the hallway into math class.  Class is boring Mrs. Callies is going over the same topic for three weeks.  In the middle of class my head starts to hurt really band then there is a high pitch ringing almost like a dog whistle.  I fall down from my seat hands pressed hard against each of my ears trying to make it stop.  The class all begins talking and gathering around me.  Mrs. Callies comes rushing over telling a student to go get the nurse to bring up a wheelchair.  Due to the pain, I was incapable to walk.  Then I blacked out. 

 

     I wake up in what feels like ten minutes later as soon as I open my eyes I see Gracie sitting across from me in a chair.   She is holding the palm of her hand against her head.  The ringing stopped I feel so relived and my ears are still burning.  Gracie’s hand slowly come down from her head, then I hear her voice

 “What are you doing down here?”  I blacked out in class.  I say as I make a gesture to go click the earpiece on she said abruptly No!

What I reply?

It’s the chip I had the same thing happen to me do not turn it on.  The nurse came out to inform us that both of our parents are on their way.  I hear another noise static similar to when you turn on a radio station that has no connection.  Gracie obviously hears it too her eyes are bugging out of her head.  Then through the chip I hear a voice of a man.  “253…253…do I repeat send coordinates of white house to missile for 9/16/2019.   Both of our jaws drop eyes wide staring at each other our parents come walking into the room.  We glance one last time still filled with shock as we walk out our cars and drive home.  I explain to my mom what happened how I blacked out. “Well go get some rest” my mom says as I walk up to my bedroom. I close my eyes and try to sleep still those words on my mind. Eventually my mind shuts off and I fall asleep. I wake up at 3 am. I hear a knocking at my window, I get up and walk to my window. It’s Gracie. “what are you doing here its 3 am I say rubbing my eyes.

“Did you hear what that said? Someone is going to attach D.C.! she says.

Okay…

“we have to do something:

“Gracie, we are 13 what can we do? It was probably nothing anyway.”

“probably nothing?”

Shhh you’re going to wake my family

“Well we have to stop it”

“just call the police.”

“now they will never believe us, and then even if they did, we count get in trouble for possibly having access to government files. We have to stop this and stop it all on our own.

“ok ok we will figure something out but we both need to get some rest our trip to D.C. is tomorrow.”

That’s perfect!

How is that perfect? I say?

“We will be there the night of the attack”

‘HOW IS THAT ANYWHERE NEAR PERFECT?  I scream

“I have an idea but I got to go I will see you tomorrow.

“Wait what’s your idea?”  She is out the window and does not answer that question.

I flop back down in the bed and I fall right back to sleep.  The next morning, I when I wake up I am so excited for our trip I have been waiting for this day for as long as I can remember I get dressed I put on a light blue shirt some leggings and a pair of chestnut Ugg boots I hear my mom calling.  I walk out of my room and make myself some eggs and bacon.

“we are picking Gracie up at 9 am”

ok I say

“oh, and also I got you and Gracie tickets to go to the White House ball tomorrow.”

Awesome! I shout almost forgetting that the night of the ball is the attack.

“Yeah Jessie got them for you, he said I’s an apology for missing your birthday. Jessie my brother is a politician who became the secretary of State. How could I have not realized this?  He is in danger I have to stop this for me, for my family for the country.

“yay I say with pure determination in my voice.  I put my dishes in the sink and then I run upstairs.  I get my bags from the floor and I bring them out to the car and place them in the back.  My mom follows me out with her suitcases and carry on.  We hop in the car and we are on our way to Gracie’s house

“Are you Excited?” my mom says while making a turn.

“yeah I have been waiting for a year I say (still worrying) As we pull up to Gracie’s house she is sitting on her porch with her bag.  She gives her family hugs and kisses and then she jumps into the car. “ Hey? She says.

Hello my mom and I both reply We drive to the airport.  I sit on my phone as Gracie reads her book.  My mom pulls into the airport and parks the car.  Then we walk into the check in and we go through security and check in.  We wait in the lobby for our plane. The three of us are able to play four card games, eat three packs of gummy bears, listen to our favorite playlist twice and I think I even fell asleep once.  Then the loud speaker comes on I was so happy.  We begin boarding the plane.  We go three seats and we all sat ext. to each other on the plane while Gracie and my mom were sleeping I was figuring out a way to stop this attack.  I finally got it! WE would have to break into the security room and send out a micro-signal right when the missile is launched.  Then the powerful magnet field to stop and the missal to deactivate.  It would be perfect my brother is the secretary of state. He will have enough security in his office for. Me to send out the signal. The plane lands and we unbuckle. As we get off the plane I go to get my carry on from the rack up top. I grab my bag and we walk off the plane.

We take a cab down to Jessie’s house. We pull up and it is the first time that I have been here, my jaw drops, his house is a mansion. Then there is a. house right next to it which is the guest house as he calls it which we will be staying in.  We walk up to the door and ring the bell Jessie answers.  Jessie! I scream as I throw my arms around my older brother who I haven’t seen since a year ago.  What happened to the two of you? Jessie says, I move a year ago and you are so much older now.”  He says look at Gracie and I.  Jessie mom, then Gracie hug since we haven friends since pre-school Gracie is practically a younger sister to Jessie.  “Ok so I have just recently had a new addition to the family” Jessie says.  “Did Jenny and you get engaged? “my mom says excited “no.” Jessie says before any of us can open our mouths to say something else a 90 pound German Shepard comes running out of the house and jumps right on me.  I play with the dog for a while before entering the house.   Gracie and I get our bag and walk to the guest house while mom talk to Jessie and his girlfriend Jenny in the main house.  When we walk into the hosue is gigantic about double the size of my house.

“Wow Gracie says”

“I know right” I reply.

“so, what should we do about the whole you know situation?”

“I figured something out on the plane that just might work. 

“Do tell.”

“So, you know how missile can be disrupted by high negative frequencies working against it?

“yeah”

“well since Jessie is the secretary of state he can send out negative frequencies from his office

“ok”

So, we break in

Now how do you plan on doing that

We will figure it out

But what will the frequencies do?

They will disable the rocket; can you just trust me this once?

Fine!

This may work

Its better! She says.  We walk down a hallway and go into our room.  It was so pretty.  There are two beds and a couch with a television in front of it.  The room even had a private bathroom and walk in closet.  We each claimed a bed and sat on the big white couch.  I grab the remote and I flip through the channels and I turn on the news.  “reporters and citizens are already lined up to get a glimpse from outside of the white house gates of the president.  The ball tonight is staring in 5 hours where the president will be giving a speech.  The reporter says “I feel like I am going to be sick” Gracie moans

“don’t worry we can do this!”

I hope so, let’s start to get ready.  We both walk into the bathroom just to see what else was here.  There was a shower, toilet, two sinks and a make-up and hair area. We get ready and then we arrive at the White house.

“Ready?” Gracie says?

“Let’s go” I reply. When I walk by my brother I grab the keys that were hanging out of Jamie’s pocket we run upstairs and passed the guard because we tell them we are meeting Jamie. I open his office door and we walk in. There is a small security room in his office.

“What now? Gracie askes

I walk over to the panel and take the chip out of my ear.

“What �" “

Shhh I cut her off why she is speaking. I take the chip and place it in my hand.

“Gracie get me scissors” I say

Where?

In the desk quick, the ball is going to begin, that’s when they will launch it. She runs to the drawer and hands me the scissors. I cut open a wire and place the chip on the end of the frayed wire.  A gigantic high pitch sound rings around the state.  Then we hear a crash and scream.

We look out the window and there it is a missile on the white house lawn.

“We are under attack go in the bunker quickly, report to the bunker.

Maddie? Gracie? Jessie comes running into the office girls follow me we are under attack”

It’s fine I say.

Maddie stopped the missile

Jessie’s eyes drift towards the circuit board in flames.  Jessie runs over and hugs the both of us.  Before we know it, we were famous, interviews, to streams all about Gracie and I.  Who would have thought me the dumb girl in school who was failing all her classes becoming a national hero!

© 2018 archerylov3r


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on March 3, 2018
Last Updated on March 3, 2018
Tags: Science Fiction, action, middle school, best friends, political, White House, future, jessie

Author

archerylov3r
archerylov3r

About
I love archery!!!! more..

Writing