Before

Before

A Story by Ashleigh
"

A story of heartbreak when someone you love, doesn't love you back

"

 

As she sat alone in the cold, dark, room of her empty house, all her memories she was trying so hard to forget, came back to her. The memories of the good times and the bad; memories from years ago and memories that only occurred a few months before. All of them made her feel as if her heart had been ripped from her body and broken into a million pieces. He had caused that. It was his fault she was feeling like this; the reason why she felt so unhappy.

 

She remembered the times they used to spend together, before everything had happened. Their first kiss, their engagement and their wedding. All of that had been before she had come into both of their lives. It was a time when both of them had been happy and had been in love. Maybe if she had never come, maybe they would still be together. Maybe if she had never come, they would be as happy as what they used to be.

 

Before the day he had left, they had been very much in love; she had been in love, anyway. Clearly he had been thinking about the other woman. Every time she thought about it, she tried so hard to convince herself that it had been for the best. The feeling just didn’t come naturally to her. She still loved him. With every part of her heart, she still loved him. It had been months now, but she still thought about him every single day. She thought about how he was with another woman and not herself.

 

Maybe one day, her heart would heal. Some time in the distant future she would be happy again without him. But right now, all she could think about was before he had gone.

 

Before he had broken her heart. Before he had told her he was in love with someone else. Before he had packed his bags and walked out of the house; their house. They had shared it for two years. The first two years of what she thought would be forever. But it had just been two years. Nothing more.

 

Now she believed that she deserved nothing better. It was what was meant to happen. He was there and she was here. Both of them living separate lives. He was happy and she was not. It was the way things were meant to be.

 

Before it had happened, she had told him that she loved him and he had replied with the same words and a kiss. She felt so ashamed for having fallen for the lies. Then the very next day he was gone. He had made her believe that he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. He had been the reason for her happiness and now he was the reason for her being so unhappy.

 

She hated him for doing that to her. One way or the other, he should have told her. Instead, he made her suffer. For months now, she had been depressed; hurting inside; crying herself to sleep at night. Ever since it had happened, she had been unhappy, unlike before.

 

Like every other night, she cried. She felt so weak and so useless. He had made her feel that way. The only way she would feel slightly better would be to hear his voice again.

 

And that is exactly what happened.

 

He came to her front door, looking at her. It was the way he had looked at her before he had left. Staring deep into her eyes, he picked up her hand and held it gently in his own. It told her every thing. He wanted her to know that he had made a mistake; that he wanted her back.

 

In her moment of grief; in her moment for longing this very day, she forgave him. She took him back, held him in her arms and told him that she wanted things to be like they were before.

© 2008 Ashleigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Touching story and beautifully written. I really like it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is the best written I've seen so far...
Not that I've seen too too much.
It really is very beautiful, and leaves you (me) feeling hopeful and somewhat somber. I almost cringed at the end when mister no name came back. It can mean the world to her, but as the reader, he's got some more splainin' and or groveling to do for her before I'll except him.
Then again that's just me...
Way past cool lady?

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is both very sad and uplifting (at the end). Nicely done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is the first story I have ever published before. I quite like it.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2008

Author

Ashleigh
Ashleigh

Australia



About
I'm Ashleigh; a 20 year old writer trying to improve the best that I can. I still have a long way to go, but I'm working on it. more..

Writing
Silver and Gold Silver and Gold

A Chapter by Ashleigh


In the City In the City

A Book by Ashleigh