Fear

Fear

A Story by Desiree Corona

She woke up suddenly, rising in panic. She positioned herself comfortably and looked at the wall in front of her. Puzzled, she rubbed her head gently and sighed. A slight groan slipped from her throat. Looking down, her eyes dilated as she ran her fingers over her arms gently. The engraved sayings of her past ran deep, as did her scars. She placed her hand over her chest in instinct as she felt a sharp pain deep in her lungs. A thick liquid glistened on her skin as she pulled her hand away, and a sense of curiosity popped into her head. She leaned over and reached to turn on her lamp that was placed on the night stand next to her bed. Right before she was able to turn on the light, a tall hollow figure grabbed her arm and twisted her hand. It began to push her back, holding her down violently against her bed. The figure’s deep breathing raced through her ears. The lights flickered on quickly. The hollow figure stood in front of her…grinning with a demented, fang-filled smile upon its face. Behind the figure, three bodies hung by their necks; each wrapped in a black cloak. Buckets of blood, all filled to the rim below them. The figure slammed her against the wall, pulling the cloaks down with a simple rush of his hand. Her father, mother, and younger sister were hung in front of her. Every individual's skin was no longer on their skulls. Their hollow eyes still showed the pain that they felt before their lives were so easily taken. She attempted to scream, but was quickly hit before any sound could be made. The figure grabbed her arms again, pulling her closer. He opened his eyes, allowing her to see the reflection in his disgustingly large pupils. He smiled at her and brought her close to his blackened face. A long, green, slime engorged tongue pried open and snaked through her teeth. It slipped down her throat and grasped tightly to her vocal chords, almost suffocating her. He then ripped his tongue out of her mouth and bit her neck slightly, leaving his mark on her. Within seconds he was gone. The only thing she could hear was a maniacal laugh echoing throughout her house. Whispers began crowding her thoughts, telling her secrets and lies that she could never handle before. The color drained from her eyes. The sound dulled. Her senses were gone, and everything was black. She and this horrific being were now tied together completely.

© 2017 Desiree Corona


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has been an intense reading experience, which I mean as a compliment. The intensity in each sentence remains high from beginning to end. Good work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 5, 2017

Author

Desiree Corona
Desiree Corona

College Station, TX



About
Desiree. 18. Texas. Been writing since I was about 9 years old, maybe 11. more..

Writing