A Rise In Minimum Wage Is A Reduction of Government Assistance

A Rise In Minimum Wage Is A Reduction of Government Assistance

A Story by Father Mojo

Image


Capitalism is worse than slavery! At least the slave masters provided some kind of room and shelter. Capitalists refuse to pay workers a living wage, and then deny workers assistance like Welfare and Food Stamps, while giving themselves raises and bonuses and making record high profits. If these Capitalists were really against "dependence on government" they would be happy to pay their workers more so they would not need government assistance. 


The truth, however, is that they want a disposable source of slave labor who have political rights that do not apply in the work place, who get paid low wages so they cannot better their condition, and who get no assistance so they die off before they can realize their plight and organize.


What we should do is raise the minimum wage to at least $15 an hour, but lower it for businesses. There is a social benefit in workers making a living wage, less government spending, more consumer spending, creation of more jobs, happier workers. But the sole social burden should not be on the shoulders of the businessman, especially the small businessman who is contending with powerful Corporations. Businesses with under 50 employees should be in a matching wage program where the owner pays $5, the state pays $5, and the Federal Government pays $5 so that the worker gets $15 and hour. This would cut welfare and Food Stamps and other social programs because people could afford to live. It reduces the burden on small businesses by lowering their cost. It stimulates the economy by giving workers more money to spend, which will create jobs, and it will increase government revenue even if no taxes are raise because people will be making more money.


The more employees the business has, the more burden the business pays for the wages, and the less government assistance a business gets. Say for every fifty employees, the employers' burden increases by one dollar while the state and federal burden decreases by one dollar. Big Corporations get nothing because they are making record high profits and they are currently getting financial assistance from the Federal Government to make huge profits and not pay employees.


So to recap: it increases revenue; it reduces spending by reducing need for government assistance; it creates jobs; it reduces the burden on small businesses; and it is a mix of government assistance that allows Capitalism to function better and businesses to be more competitive, which increases quality and service while lowing prices.


Image

© 2013 Father Mojo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good solution without inflation ! Well done !

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

779 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2013
Last Updated on November 5, 2013
Tags: business, Capitalism, Capitalist, corporation, Federal, government, Labor, Living wage, minimum wage, owner, poverty, slavery, state, United States, Wage, Welfare, worker.

Author

Father Mojo
Father Mojo

Carneys Point, NJ



About
"I gave food to the poor and they called me a saint; I asked why the poor have no food and they called me a communist. --- Dom Helder Camara" LoveMyProfile.com more..

Writing
WINTER WINTER

A Poem by Father Mojo