The Song of Time

The Song of Time

A Story by Lone Wolf
"

Reflecting on what was, what is, and what will be in letter form.

"

Ariel--

I was sitting at a river today. It was unnaturally still...reflecting the mountains to the north, the forest to the south and west, the canyon to the east. I was sitting atop a stone at the shore of the lake--where the sun was casting a golden shadow onto the unmoving surface of the water.

The ghosts of the past are with us still. The ghosts of the present and of the future haunt us to our death. Near that unnatural stillness of the lake, I finally heard what I had been wanting to hear for so long--the echoes of the past.

The ghosts sing of the time before now, what they call history. Even though an eerie silence hung in the air, I heard it. The music was deafening and absolutely quiet. It was loud and boisterous, yet timid and weak. This is the song of the past. Something that has already happened, one tune along one track.

The ghosts sing of the time after now, what they call future. Even though that same silence was still in the air, I heard it. The music was confusing, uncertain, skittering from melody to melody. This is the song of the future. Something that is yet to happen, many tunes along many tracks, branching out to millions of many other tunes.

The ghosts sing of the time right now, what they call present. Sitting here, at this eerie stillness, I could hear the tune. This moment, encased in time forever, part of the music all around us. This moment, trapped like a fly in amber. It is what is happening now. And though it may seem like nothing is happening, it is. The sun slowly makes its way around our tiny earth.

Past, Future, and Present are three sisters, each on their separate instruments, playing at the three ends of Time, their father. But here, at this lake, they meet and make their different melodies into one.

What Was, What Is, What Shall. Those are the three parts of Time. Past, Future, and Present.

Here, we shall here the song of Time...we are hearing the song of Time...we were hearing the song of Time. We are always hearing the song of Time.

~Clara Arion Chambridge

© 2013 Lone Wolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I thought this was wonderful! But I have to nitpick on one thing. The sun doesn't go round the earth... While I can see what you used it that way, it still makes the overall smooth flow, have a ripple for me. =)

I really liked how you wove the concept of music into the fabric of ghosts and time. That created a really beautiful flow of thoughts and imagery to muse upon!

Very nice!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lone Wolf

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review, Aaron! Wow, I have to review more of your stuff at this rate...
Yes, I .. read more



Reviews

Wonderful , great I like it :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lone Wolf

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Amy! I appreciate the time you took to read my piece.
~Lone Wolf
Amy Cowan

10 Years Ago

:D No problem!!
I thought this was wonderful! But I have to nitpick on one thing. The sun doesn't go round the earth... While I can see what you used it that way, it still makes the overall smooth flow, have a ripple for me. =)

I really liked how you wove the concept of music into the fabric of ghosts and time. That created a really beautiful flow of thoughts and imagery to muse upon!

Very nice!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lone Wolf

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review, Aaron! Wow, I have to review more of your stuff at this rate...
Yes, I .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2013
Last Updated on October 19, 2013

Author

Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

A Place Where I'll Love Writing. AKA Everywhere. :D



About
Some people don't cry because they are weak... They cry because they have been strong for too long... There's always that time when you face a two-faced friend or an impossible situation you feel li.. more..

Writing