True Love

True Love

A Story by beccaz123
"

Claire's one and only dream is to be with Rob and be a part of his life but the destiny that has already been chosen for them makes this an impossibility.

"



‘Please answer your phone, I can’t do this anymore, Rob I love you and well, just phone me back, please.’ Voicemail again. Claire sat on her bed, phone in hand awaiting the call, the call that she wanted but wasn’t getting, she must have left at least 4 messages on his phone but he just didn’t seem to care, not once did he call her back. Now pacing the room, thoughts running through her head she tried him again. ‘Look babe I know you don’t want to talk to me but seriously this is important now, you are really scaring me, are you alright? Where are you? We’ve been arguing way to much lately and well I think we could make it better if you’d just speak to me, babe I really love you and if this is the end well I don’t know what I’m going to do, I need you, I love you, call me please I’m begging.’ Claire was coming to the realization that things just aren’t going to get better, they had their time and it’s gone now, she began to talk to herself, filtering through the thoughts that were haunting her. ‘Wow what do I do now? We’ve been together so long, it was love, it still is, oh my god, I can’t believe this is happening to me! Why me? What have I done so wrong? He stole my heart away and for what? To break it? Did he plan for it to end up like this? It was supposed to be perfect, we were supposed to grow old together, get our own little place, have a couple of children and grow old together, together. How can I just move on after that? You have got to be kidding me, that is love that is, you just can’t get a truer love than the love I have for him, only thing is I thought I had his love in return, well I know he still loves me, just not enough to be with me, the love will slowly die though, soon we will lose contact, oh my god, why am I thinking like this! I need to see him! I need to be with him! If I can’t then what’s the point in me? What’s the point in my life? He was the thing I lived for, now I haven’t got him, what do I have to live for? Is there any point in my existence or am I simply here just to be, I need a reason. Now I can honestly say I understand love, oh how torturous, you have it so true, so beautiful then it’s snatched away in a sudden movement before you even have the chance to catch it, leaving you hurt and sorrowful, I can’t live like this, this isn’t a life.’ She picked up her phone again, ‘babe I understand you want nothing more to do with me, you wont have to ever see me again, just remember this one thing, I love you and don’t you ever forget it’

‘F**k, where’s my phone?’ Rob angrily snapped to himself, searching through his un-kept bedroom. ‘Mickey!’ he called down the stairs, ‘have you had my mobile?’
‘Yeah, get lost Rob I’m using it, so yeah Hannah you coming round later? Well I’ll be home at about…’ before Mickey could finish his sentence Rob had flew down the stairs and snatched his phone from his brother, hung up on his friend and began to shout.
‘You think you can just go and take my phone when ever you please? You little b*****d don’t you ever take it again without asking! Urgh 6 missed calls, that don’t sound good, I swear to god if anything bad is in these calls then I’m going to f*****g kill you!” He ran back up the stairs sat on his bed and listened to his voicemails. As he heard each one he held his head and rubbed the back of his neck, truth was he had planned to ring her when he found his phone so that’s what he did only her phone was turned off. It was hard to believe because her phone was always fully charged but without thinking he simply left a message. ‘Hi babe, look I lost my phone, just got it back now, you know about this break up thing well I don’t think it’s working for either of us, I miss you, ring me back and we can talk it through, I’m sure we can sort it all out oh and babe before I go, I love you too’ with that he hung up and rested his head gently upon his pillow without a second thought. Rob had had no sleep the previous night having been up all night arguing with Claire so as expected he fell asleep though it was only 3pm.

A few hours later Rob woke to the sound of his brother leading a girl into his bedroom, with a groan he turned onto his side and almost drifted off back to sleep before he remembered about Claire. The second she entered his head he sat up and turned to his phone which strangely contained no new messages. He dialed her number, straight to voicemail, ‘Hey babe, I really hope I haven’t fucked us up, I love you and if I’m too late then f**k I don’t know but come on, phone me back, please, in fact no, its alright, I’m on my way round, ill be there in 10. Bye.’ Rob squeezed his size 9 feet into his size 8 trainers threw on his new jacket and went out of the front door. Walking up the garden path he smiled delicately at the beautiful blossoming tree Claire had planted him the previous year, he laughed quietly to himself and began walking to her house, in his head acting out what will happen, she will open the door and fall into his arms and everything will be just fine, he grinned in excitement at the thought.

As Rob approached Claire’s house he noticed the door slightly open, having been with her for nearly three years he saw no need to knock so in he went. ‘Claire babe, where are you?’ Funnily there was no reply, Rob thought she was playing with him so he chuckled and shouted, ‘do I have to come and find you or are you going to come to me?’ Still no answer, he figured she was playing a game so he went along with it, ‘Oh I wonder where she is? Is she in here?’ he said as he walked into the living room, ‘nope, maybe I should try upstairs.’ As Rob climbed the stairs they seemed to creak in a mysterious way, they always creaked but this was a different creak, not a good creak, Rob became weary, ‘babe come on, don’t hide I don’t like it any more I cant find you, please come out, I love you,’ there was still no reply. Rob started to think she might not be here, he checked her bedroom, no Claire. Now shaking he neared the bathroom door that was almost shut. He pushed the door open carefully then fell his knees in despair, ‘Claire babe what have you done?’ he cried. Claire was lay out on the tiled floor motionless and expressionless, the first thing Rob did was scoop her up and hold her close, ‘Babe please tell me you’re still here,’ shakily he attempted to find a pulse in her neck but there was none, she was gone. He glanced up in desperation, his eyes begging to turn back time, he noticed that the medicine cupboard was open. His eyes fell back to the floor to see empty pill bottles and a broken glass. Losing Rob had been too much for Claire to handle. Enclosed in her hand, Rob found a note, tears streaming down his face he read it.


To my darling Robert whom I love with all of my heart. I just couldn’t bear to be without you for another day, though I am about to die, my love for you will not, true love never dies. I would like to wish you a very happy and successful life and I hope that you meet someone who can make you as happy as you have made me, you deserve it. Thank you ever so much for making mine a life worth living. Please don’t blame yourself for my tragic ending, for it was not your fault at all, we simply were never meant to be, it was fate. I promise to watch down over you and protect you the very best I can, if ever you feel lonely just think of me for I will always be with you, just look inside your heart. I love you and always will, forever.
Claire x


Rob stopped crying and realized what he must do; he fist took out his phone and text Claire. Still shaking he removed the shoe laces from his trainers. Minutes later Rob was suspended from the curtain pole by his tattered old shoelaces. Claire and Rob were two separate people connected by an unbreakable bond, love. Now, they are happily together in the afterlife they call heaven, though they would describe anywhere as heaven if they were together.

The text on Claire’s phone remained unread until not long before the funeral had taken place, when finally discovered by Claire’s Mum it was decided that Claire and Rob would be buried together to rest in piece with the comfort of their one true love. The letter and text were read out to closest members of the family. After hearing the text tears just couldn’t be held back.

Oh babe I love you so very much and I’m not letting you leave this world alone, there’s just no way I could live the rest of my life without you and so I will follow you and we will be together for all of time, see you soon my sweet, sweet angel x Robert x


 

© 2009 beccaz123


Author's Note

beccaz123
Any comments? this is my first short story besides school assignments

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. Such a sad but moving story. it is hard to go without the one you love for any length of time. wonderful write. keep writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


haha, Rob, thats my name...apparently lol
awesome poem

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ack! Noo! what tragic love...
wow, this is really good for a first story. its so sad... just read over it and break it up some, there are some run on sentaces/really long paragraphs. nice job though :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow, this is such a sad but beautiful story! You described it so well and with great emotion.
I would suggest that you break it into paragraphs so that it is easier to read.
Man, if this is your very first short story, you NEED to keep writing! I will look forward to reading more from you! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

351 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 19, 2009
Last Updated on February 19, 2009

Author

beccaz123
beccaz123

Writing
lol lol

A Story by beccaz123