The Carnival

The Carnival

A Story by benjammingham
"

This is a partial story from psych. I altered it to fit our circumstances because it is eerily relatable.

"
Senior year. I had finally asked her out. The girl of my dreams was fianlly ona date with me. I had spent hours in preparation, even though my parents thought I was insane. I wanted this to be perfect. 
I was on my way to the carnival, driving in my car. I could only hope you were feeling the same way. Thoughts raced through my brain as I drove on. Would it be awkward? Would she like the way I looked? Would we kiss? All these ran through my mind as I pulled up. And then I saw you. 
You looked so amazing. Some could say it was the moonlight, or the slight breeze, or the fresh air. No, it was just you. You were standing by the docks, which were only a few hundred feet out from the lot. I parked and I sat there gazing at your perfection. 
You had curled your hair, proof that this mattered to you as much as it did to me. You were wearing a green "Wicked" shirt underneath a dark blue jacket. You had blue Converse tennis shoes on and your hands were shoved deep into your jacket pockets. You were pacing. Your hair had a red ribbon in it, and it fluttered in the seabreeze as I sat in the car- doing nothing.
My brain said stop but my heart said go. 
I was thinking to myself, 'Get out of the car you idiot!' But I couldn't do it. I had been blessed with the most beautiful girl in the world, and somehow, by some unconceivable means, I was wimping out. What was happenning? 
Looking back, I think I knew, in the back of my mind, that I liked you too much. And that in this moment I would make a choice that would change my life forever. My heart said it would be for the better, but my brain and its twisted logic got in the way. And so I sat, breaking up inside and wondering if I was making the right decision- or if I was ruining the chance of a lifetime, letting you become The One That Got Away.
My brain said stop but my heart said go. 
You waited and paced and bit your lip for an hour before you left. I tried not to see your tears as you walked away, but the moon- the beautiful, terrible moon- illuminated your face, driving a stake into my heart. I took the two tickets from my pocket and placed them in the coffee holder. I flipped on the radio and drove away from
The Carnival 

© 2012 benjammingham


Author's Note

benjammingham
Emotionally, that like took a chunk out of me...I hope this doesnt happen to me one day...but I am afraid it might just because I suck at life. Anyway, I plan to write a sequel if people liked this one! Let me know!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on July 17, 2012
Last Updated on July 17, 2012
Tags: Love, Teens, Psych, Romance

Author

benjammingham
benjammingham

Clearwater, FL



About
Ok I will tell you some stuff....but dont go stalking me or anything....: My name is Ben I am Asian I am not from China I am from Vietnam I am fourteen and a freshman I love a girl I play piano.. more..

Writing
Next Next

A Story by benjammingham