Welcome to Death

Welcome to Death

A Story by benjammingham
"

This is a story for a cmpetition. In real life I'm not this dark... But anyway...hope you enjoy! <3

"
     I woke up gasping. My head was pounding, my ears were ringing, and I was disoriented.
I was flat on my back with my eyes screwed tightly shut, and as I struggled into an upright position, my eyes squinted open. I was afraid that I might be where I thought I was- and I was right.
In front of me was a large wrought iron gate, and a sign, hung between the latch, read clearly,

"Welcome to Death"

I groaned a stared up at the sky, charcoal black with streaks of the flaming fires in the distance. I pushed the gate open and began my journey.

     My first step through the gate was on The Field: the first level of Death where there were zombies. But I expected them; I was in Death why wouldn't there be zombies? However, these zombies had a slight alteration to them. Their bodies were like ours in shape, but their extra appendages separated themselves from us entirely. Depending on how long each body had been there, appendages such as long arms and deformed legs sprouted from their bodies. I made my way across the field of bodies and gore, nudging aside their lifeless shells and the intestines of the broken. Soon, I came across...

     The River of Blood, the second level of Death. A wooden boat bobbed in the dark red liquid, tied with a rope to a sturdy oak nearby. I hopped in the boat and shoved off. I was headed downstream towards the burning horizon, blood splashing in over the sides of the boat. As I watched the banks on either side of the river bed, I saw the eyes. The glowing, floating, amber colored eyes, peering out at me with the occasional carniverous growl. And as the first monster ripped through my hull, two things happened: 1. The black shade fairies, with their black clouds floating behind them and their nasty scowls, made their appearance. Flitting through the air sharply. 2. The sound of a waterfall reached my ears.
     The monster that tore a hole in the bow of my boat was long and scaly. Its scales were like the toughest armor, and its teeth werre like a gyrating shark's mouth. Its tal had three sharp blades that whipped and whistled through the air as it submerged for another pass. The shade fairies laughed and watched as my boat, now torn to shreds, careened over the edge into the roiling blood beneath.
     I held my breath for as long as I could as I flailed about for air. But as my hands broke the surface, my lungs gave out and the crimson, copper tasting liquid flowed into my mouth. I strugggled to the beach where I wretched for a good five or ten minutes. I looked to the fire ahead, and knew that no matter how much I wanted water now, would not compare to how much I'd need it later.

     A painful beauty. Those were the only words to describe the Stairs. They were my exit path, but they came with a price. 50 steps. 50 scars- blisters gone rouge to remind you of your journey.
     I mounted the first step and the dance began. The flames, I mean. As I ascende slowly, the flames began to waltz in a hypnotizing way. Swirling and fluttering left and right. Biting and burning my flesh. My eyes began to water due to the brightness of the firelight. I trudged on, each step literally, burning in my muscles. My epidermis was bubbling now, the pain and the heat rising to the extremes.
     I fiannly reached the top step, and above me, waited a purple swirling hole. The black sky edged the portal, leaking back into the real world. But as I looked back at Death, I realized that it was scary, but also beautiful. In its own way, and for the sick-minded, it had almost a hint of wonder to it. A Wonderland.

     I looked through into the portal, anticipating what was on the other side. I jumped through and was suddenly overwhelmed by a bright light. Blinded and dazed, I came to this satisfying and uplifting conclusion:
I had just survived Death

© 2012 benjammingham


Author's Note

benjammingham
Yeah....I dunno what went through my head...hope this was what you were looking for.....i know it was a little long....sorry bout that.....ummm.....cool.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this! I wish you good luck :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
1 Review
Added on August 16, 2012
Last Updated on August 16, 2012
Tags: Wonderland, Dark, Scary, Death

Author

benjammingham
benjammingham

Clearwater, FL



About
Ok I will tell you some stuff....but dont go stalking me or anything....: My name is Ben I am Asian I am not from China I am from Vietnam I am fourteen and a freshman I love a girl I play piano.. more..

Writing
Next Next

A Story by benjammingham