Do You Believe Imagine

Do You Believe Imagine

A Poem by Sasha
"

A bit of introspection about imagination.

"

As you grow, life can teach you many things.

But how does one go about learning what should come naturally?

Never have I, even as a child, seen myself

breathe underwater or soar above the clouds.

Boxes never transformed into impenetrable fortresses.

Bees never became flower warriors prepared to defend at all costs.

I never had a secret oasis filled with unicorns and mermaids.

I never believed there was a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow

or that I could find it if I tried.

Invisible people were not real and I saw no need to call them "friend".

The closest I got to a life fantastic was making stuffed animals have sex with dolls - 

even that is disturbingly realistic.

Despite my questionable pastime, I did have innocence.

The world was so simple and straight-forward - 

so plainly real.

How do I change that now?

Simulate imagination as a robot would emotion?

The result would be very much the same.

Even if I saw these things now, I would never

make me believe.

Children of the world, with your uninhibited, larger than life dreams, I envy you.

I do not believe imagine.

© 2010 Sasha


Author's Note

Sasha
If you would tweak a few things, tell me.
If you love it, please don't hesitate to tell me and go into vivid details why. :P
I'm also curious if this should be considered a poem or something else. It's pretty unstructured.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This makes me really sad. Some kind of trauma I'm guessing? Haha well you're not on the shrink table, so we'll talk about the writing. I've found lately that I've been paying close attention to this mroe so than usual; the honesty in which you communicate your thoughts. Love it. I've said this to a few people on here, but honesty is one of the most beautiful things a person can utilize. I'm not extemely educated, haha, and it's probably pretty apparent, but i can tell you've got something other people don't have.

Imagination is the thing I hold onto the most. I think the world would be hopeless without. At least, i would be.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
I didn't get the title at first but after reading what you you wrote It all became clear. Imagination is always at it's highest peak when your a child I suppose, but not everyone is the same and in that naive sense of character.

Being an adult an a writer, imagination is one of the most important elements you can have. Channeling it the right way with good diction and phrasing is a key. Your form did not bother me personally. The meaning said it all. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


My impression is that this would best be presented in a paragraph style prose poem. The theme is great but the form is distracting to me. There are opportunities to use poetic techniques in that type of writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

530 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2010
Last Updated on May 19, 2010
Tags: poem, imagination, introspection
Previous Versions

Author

Sasha
Sasha

Hollywood, FL



About
What can I say? My icon used to be the incredible Alistair of Dragon Age: Origins, but Devons couldn't stand him. =/ I told him to choose a pic better suited to me and he chose the hot warrior girl .. more..

Writing
Unconventional Unconventional

A Poem by Sasha


The Right Hand The Right Hand

A Poem by Sasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


inspired? inspired?

A Poem by Laha