SocialInteraction.com

SocialInteraction.com

A Poem by Benjamin Andrianiko
"

Poem on society... writing for a friend not my personal thoughts.

"

I think differently to you folks, you couldn’t understand.

you have your selfies, your friends, your holidays and squad goals.

I have nothing but a thirst for Stella until i cant stand.

I don't blame you, but it makes me want to lose control.

Every day is a race to be your friend your idol and to be tagged in a meme.

Pathetic to think that being a gentleman and saying, ‘Hello, fancy a drink?’

Is just a pipe dream.

in a place where its a good deed to be social and restore faith in humanity, 

you wont look up from your phone to look around and say “hi,” instead its an informality.

You hilariously reply with an emoji,

except we all know that in reality it was simply a harder than normal breadth through your nose.

It fools no one with your honesty

Simply enjoying the tag before your friendship decomposes.

You get obsessed with checking your feed to see if anyone cares.

In reality a post, a like or share doesn't make you a secretary in modern, social or democratic affairs, no matter how thought provoking or sexualised the picture is with all bared.

Regardless of what I think the Facebook, Instagram Snapchat and Twitter era is here to stay, 

Its seems to be a case of standing still until you eventually slip away.

© 2017 Benjamin Andrianiko


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well done Benjamin - well told. It's good to know that here is at least one young person holding out against the vampires. When i look around and see everyone else glued to a screen I think - 'Oh s**t - has no one else noticed?'
Cheers, Alan

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on July 21, 2017
Last Updated on July 21, 2017

Author

Benjamin Andrianiko
Benjamin Andrianiko

Wales, United Kingdom



About
25 year old male from South Wales. I travel the UK with my work and am encouraged to start writing. more..

Writing