To The Girl Who Loves Him Next

To The Girl Who Loves Him Next

A Poem by Caroline Blair
"

explanation kills the art

"
To the girl who loves him next, 
He hates smiling with his teeth, but god you’ll love it when he does. His smile is both beautiful and contagious. And he doesn’t like to talk about his dark days, but when he does, listen as hard as your ears will let you. You’ll want to know everything, understand every piece of him, inside and out, completely and utterly. He is smart. His mind is made of gold and every time he speaks, you’ll swear you feel richer. 
He is the kind of boy your mother will love. Since knowing him, you get better. You stop wearing low cut shirts, start using bigger words. He’s a goddamn mystery, but he’ll teach you chemistry and history like he knows the answers to the universe. 
He is the type of person you could fall in love with. And its not hard because he knows how to steal your breath in 12 different ways. You’ll wonder if he knows that he makes your stomach hurt at night with everything you could be and what would he say if you told him he brought life to your words and you could write again without stopping. every. line.
He is the kind of boy that scares the hell out of you. You will wish that you could be his gravity, but he cannot be constrained to the ground. He’s got stars in his eyes, that boy belongs in the sky and I hope you know about the galaxies inside him.

© 2015 Caroline Blair


Author's Note

Caroline Blair
I'm not sure what to call this type of writing and also how to organize it. If you have any ideas, I would appreciate them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'd just like to say that I think this is really good. As to its 'type' - I'd say it's open form. It's poetry as prose. I love the natural and almost religious imagery - "God damn", "scares the hell out of you". Chemistry, history, stars, gravity, gold and galaxies - the love feels elemental and therefore incredibly deep and real. I also loved the end stops - "stopping. Every. Line." Really clever. Language feels natural and I genuinely think it's just great. Thank you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

a well written piece, can make for a good novel

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very beautiful writing! I love the way you describe him, to 'the girl who loves him next'. It's very sad, and well written.

Posted 7 Years Ago


amazingly written keep it up !!


Posted 8 Years Ago


I'd just like to say that I think this is really good. As to its 'type' - I'd say it's open form. It's poetry as prose. I love the natural and almost religious imagery - "God damn", "scares the hell out of you". Chemistry, history, stars, gravity, gold and galaxies - the love feels elemental and therefore incredibly deep and real. I also loved the end stops - "stopping. Every. Line." Really clever. Language feels natural and I genuinely think it's just great. Thank you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the line You wish you could be his gravity. It is great metaphor. Keep expressing your thoughts on paper. Let it come from inside and you can't go wrong.
Annie

Posted 8 Years Ago


sounds like your still in love with him,and this is a great tribute

Posted 8 Years Ago


That's a bittersweet letter. The image I get is this charming person, who is so elusive, who you want to keep forever, but alas, they slip away. Was the ending a warning? A warning that he might break the heart of the girl who loved her next?

My thoughts are to structure this more like a letter, and end it with "Sincerely, the girl who loved him last". It could be a letter poem!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Caroline Blair

8 Years Ago

I'd like to keep the meaning up to interpretation and I loved hearing your view on it. I feel like e.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

684 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 26, 2015
Last Updated on December 27, 2015
Tags: to, the, girl, who, loves, him, next, poem

Author

Caroline Blair
Caroline Blair

TX



About
I like to write about whatever more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..