Ballad of Afghanistan

Ballad of Afghanistan

A Poem by Allison
"

A poem I wrote in class about a guy who abandons his friend in his final minutes during the war in Afghanistan.

"

His eyes snapped open under a bright blue sky.

What was he doing so far from home?

He looked over at his friend who let out a groan.

 

Soaked in blood with vacant eyes,

his friend reached up to that bright blue sky.

His friend remembered his childhood sea, and he sent to God a dying plea.

 

He moved on without looking back.

He moved on and whispered "Goodbye Jack." He was a soldier in the Afghan war. He helped turn the country into a sore.

 

He fought on for the rest of the year, putting Jack's fate on his list of fears.

 

He never thought back until the day.

The day he saw the same blue skies that had been viewed with dying eyes. He watched the bright blue sky fade to black, and in that moment he remembered Jack.

 

© 2011 Allison


Author's Note

Allison
Just let me know what you think! Tell me what made sense and what didn't!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The wounds of war are hard to explain. Story are real like the one who create. To lose a friend in war. Leave a vacant seat forever. I still wish to talk to friends lost in war far away. The poem was strong and sad. Your ending is true. Small things can rebirth pain and memory. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow! That was very touching. My only questions is when he said "Goodbye Jack", then at the end, "in that moment he remembered Jack." Did he not remember Jack when he told him goodbye? That's the only part that confuses me. I think...maybe it just confused me though. Aha. Great poem, Allison!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The wounds of war are hard to explain. Story are real like the one who create. To lose a friend in war. Leave a vacant seat forever. I still wish to talk to friends lost in war far away. The poem was strong and sad. Your ending is true. Small things can rebirth pain and memory. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

423 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2011
Last Updated on November 27, 2011

Author

Allison
Allison

Dinosaurland, HI



About
Howdy.... Obviously I'm Allison...... I write a lot of poetry, annnnnd I've heard that I'm pretty sarcastic and awesome :-) Review my stuffs pease? :D more..

Writing
The Test The Test

A Poem by Allison



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..