Chapter 1 What's Your Request?

Chapter 1 What's Your Request?

A Chapter by cRaYoNs sTaLk mE
"

What will Carson's last reqest be?

"

Hearing a girl’s muffled cry, Alexander rounded the corner quickly and found himself in a compromising situation. There, sitting in the middle of the living room, was a girl. From the looks of it she was tied up. He was a little surprised to find that the girl was glaring at him. If Alexander had known that his brother was having “company” over again, he wouldn’t have come home until later.

“Welcome back little brother.” A silk like voice came from behind him. Alexander turned to a boy who looked only a few years older. He had rich blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. It was no surprise that he could charm any girl. Alexander was actually surprised that he had to tie up his victim. “Are you planning on joining me for dinner tonight?” His eyes flickered to the girl. “After all it smells absolutely delightful.”

Now that he did mention it did smell delightful. Before he knew it, his mouth started to water and his throat started to burn. For a second he thought he would lose it. But then he pulled himself together and replied, “No. You know I don’t like your type of hunting, Stephan. Even if it’s good food.” 

Stephan smirked, “That’s too bad. I went through a lot of trouble to get our food tonight. Plus you haven’t had anything this whole week. You must be thirsty.”

Alexander looked over at the girl, uncertain. Her blood smelled like nothing he had ever smelled before. He’d probably never get a chance to taste blood like that in another 100 years. But he promised himself that he wouldn’t sink as low as his brother to get his food. 

When he didn’t answer, Stephan walked over to the girl. “Well I guess that means more for me.” He started to take the rag that he had used to shut her up, out of her mouth. “I don’t normally do this for my victims, but considering your blood is bound to be rich, do you have any last requests before I drain your blood?”

After the rag was out of her mouth she spit on his face, “You are an evil, low, blood sucking parasite!” 

Stephan chuckled as he whipped the spit off of his face. Never in his life had Alexander seen him get spit on, or even talked to like that. “My dear, you never answered my question.” He paused and grabbed her chin. “Could it be you want immortality? Riches? A thrill?” He paused, his face inched closer to hers, and in a hushed whisper he finished, “Romance?”

He forced a kiss on her. The girl struggled, but Stephan’s grip was too tight. She tried to bite down hard on his lip, but to him it felt more like a nibble. He let out a low breathy chuckle as he left a trail of kisses all the way down to her neck. At the base of her neck he licked the spot where he was going to feed from. The girl shivered in disgust. Alexander on the other hand wanted to throw up. He hated seeing his brother use lust to hunt. It sickened him. 

“No requests then?” Stephan said. He opened his mouth, his fangs brushed her skin.

The girl shut her eyes tight. Then suddenly she yelled out, “Wait! There is one thing.” She paused, “But you have to promise that this request will be fulfilled.” 

Stephan sighed but drew back. “Promise.”

“I want a week left to live. It’s enough time to set things straight before I die. I won’t run away. And one week from today I will come here, on my own will.” She stated with a determined look in her eyes. 

Stephan pondered it for a while. He was probably trying to decide if he wanted to just snap her neck now, or play with her a little longer. Alexander figured that he would never allow her to do that.

“Fine.” Stephan finally said. “But, on one condition. You can’t tell anyone what happened here tonight. Not about this request or about us.” He paused, “And we will be watching.” He got up and started for the stairs. “Oh and Alexander, please show our guest out.” And with that he disappeared, probably to go find another victim to bring back. 

Alexander sighed. He always left him to clean up the mess. In a flash he was standing right beside the girl. Now that he looked at her, she looked familiar. He was pretty sure that she went to his school. He was pretty sure her name was Carson.

Then her words snapped him out of his thinking. “Are you going to untie me or just stand there staring?” 

“Sorry.” He said and he bent down to untie her ankles. It didn’t take that long. Then He moved to untie her hands. “You are something, you know that?” He had a small crooked smile on his face. “Not many people can resist Stephan, let alone talk him into letting you go.”

She let out a small, humph and stated in a harsh tone, “It’s not like I’m free. If you vampires weren’t soulless monsters, then I would have been let go. But in the end you are just cold, lifeless, blood sucking, creatures that will do anything to have a meal!” 

Alexander stood up quickly. He could feel the rage burning in his chest. “It’s not like we chose this!” He must have looked horrifying, because Carson looked scared. He turned slightly away and muttered, “Sorry.” He always had a bit of trouble controlling his temper. He half expected her to run out of there as fast as she could. When she didn’t he figured he better throw her out of here before Stephan comes back and decides to have her as a dessert. “Come one we better get you out of here, before he changes his mind.” He grabbed her wrist lightly, being careful not to hurt her. When they reached the door he walked her outside and let go of her wrist. Without even a good bye she started to walk off. She seemed like she was in a foul mood. But who wouldn’t be if they were in her shoes.

Carson must have been so wrapped up in her thoughts because she didn’t seem to notice that Alexander was walking right beside her. It wasn’t until he stepped on a twig that she noticed him. “Why are you following me?” She glared at him. 

“What does it look like? I’m walking you home.” He said in a casual tone. Obviously this annoyed Carson a tad.

“Why?” 

Alexander sighed and replied sarcastically, “Because I enjoy spending so much time with you.”

Carson’s eyebrow started to twitch. “You know, you’re really pissing me off!” 

“Oh really? I thought you actually liked me.” He replied sarcastically again.

“I think I would rather hang out with your creep of a brother than you any day!” 

Alexander paused and lifted an eyebrow. “Oh really? Then if you want I could take you back to the house. After all he will probably be back in a short time with his dinner. You could just be a desert for him.” Carson stopped walking and just stood there. Alexander instantly felt bad. After all it’s not every day you find out you have one week to live. “Sorry, I-“

Carson cut him off by changing the subject, “So why are you ‘walking me home’ again?” 

Alexander had a feeling that he probably shouldn’t answer sarcastically again. “Gives me an excuse not to go back and stumble upon my brother and his food.”

Carson started to walk again. Alexander guessed that meant she thought it was an acceptable reason for him to walk her home. But she still had a puzzled look on her face. “Why? You’re a vampire right? Doesn’t that kinda thing happen all the time?” 

He sighed and ran his hand through his dark brown messy hair. “Well yeah, but we may be brothers, but we are very different in the way we hunt for our food. As you have probably figured out Stephan hunts by seducing women and then killing them by draining their blood. I on the other hand hunt by drinking the blood of Druggies and I don’t kill them. I never get caught because they never remember what happens.” Alexander paused, “I just think it’s wrong what he does. It’s sad to see that he’s given in to our vampire like nature.”

“Hold on.” Carson said stepping out in front of Alexander to face him. “If you drink this person’s blood, but not drain their blood, won’t they become a vampire?” 

Alexander laughed, “You kidding me? Just because vampires are real doesn’t mean all the stories about us are true. We aren’t Count Dracula, or I guess in this time periods case, Edward what’s-his-face.”

“Cullen.” She corrected him. She felt a little embarrassed. She loved the Twilight Saga, but now the story seems kind of silly. 

“Like I care.” He replied a little irritably. “Anyways, no that won’t turn you into a vampire. At least in my case.”

Carson looked puzzled again, “Why just in your case?” 

Alexander looked straight ahead. He didn’t exactly know why he was answering her questions. It would be so much easier just to tell her to mind her own business. But then again, this was her business in a way.

“Well,” He started, “there are three different types of vampires. True bloods, False bloods, and Mid-bloods. True bloods are just what they sound like, true vampires. Unlike what you would read in stories, if they bite someone they will not turn into a vampire. However if someone drinks their blood then they will be turned into a true blood as well. True bloods don’t have many weaknesses. They can walk in daylight, they don’t mind running water, crosses and wooden stakes. Of course their senses are increased, they are immortal.” 

Carson cut in, “So in other words they are almost impossible to kill.”

“Well impossible for humans. Other vampires on the other hand could kill True bloods, but it would still be difficult.” He paused; she seemed to be taking this pretty well. Not many people would be able to take all of this in at once. “Anyways, Mid-bloods are vampires that have a True blood parent and a human parent. Now some of the Mid-bloods do have weaknesses, but every Mid-bloods weakness is different.” 

“What about False bloods then? It doesn’t sound like a pleasant name to me.”

Alexander nodded, “That’s right. False bloods are either humans that drink Mid-bloods blood, born with one Mid-blood parent and one human parent, or you are bitten by another False blood. False bloods have a human life span and burn in sunlight. Once they are turned into False bloods they will at one point lose their mind and start going on a killing spree, and if they don’t kill them then they turn them into a False blood as well. That’s why Mid-bloods try to have as little contact with humans as possible. They normally don’t mate at all, and if they do then it’s with a True Blood, which produces a True blood child.” 

Carson stayed silent for a while and pondered this. In a sick, twisted way she was kind of interested in this topic. After all it’s not every day that you learn the origin of Vampires. “So,” she said breaking the silence, “which one are you?”

He gave her an ominous grin that showed his fangs. “Well I’m a True Blood of course.”



© 2011 cRaYoNs sTaLk mE


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on March 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 24, 2011


Author

cRaYoNs sTaLk mE
cRaYoNs sTaLk mE

About
I love to take pictures, write, and sing. And yes if you were wondering, crayons do stalk me.... it's always the red ones.... I write likeOscar WildeI Write Like by Mémoires, journal soft.. more..

Writing