i cant swim

i cant swim

A Story by Ama May Cooper
"

just something i wrote for a contest

"

Now would be the perfect time to inform you that i cant swim, not that you would care but just so you would kno that i wasnt gonna get out and fight you this time. So you could watch me sink slowly below the surface and smile because i wont bob up again. Not that im really fighting it, just letting myself go down, this is what you wanted after all. Your brought me this pale white silk dress , ruined now as the water soaks into it, i realy dressed up for today expecting it to be some amazing night, wouldent of pictured your hands round my neck. But it was a nice night , the moon is still high even now, i can see it behind you. Slowly as my face becomes imersed in water i catch site of the fire in your eyes.  You look down at me blinded by your anger, i wonder if you'll even regret your actions, days down the line hearng of a woman washed up in shore in a white silk dress , lifeless and cold. I suppose you wont care, you've told me before you dont care but i guess we'll find out. One last try i think as i reach for your hands, my eyes pleeding with your sympathetic side.

"I cant swim" thats what i meant to say , but water flooded into my mouth and down to my lungs so it became more like a gargle, a desperate plee for my life. Which you dismissed with a laugh.  I countied to reach scrabbling for non-existant hands , pulling at invisible ropes. But you let me fall deeper and deeper fallng furhter and further beneath the surface. My last words finally hitting your heart.

"i love you goodbye" It was so simple but why make a deal out of it. Its over and the news will be out in the morning of how you threw your wife in the sea. Our friends will be our witness to your dark secret. But noone will blame it was an accident. You dived in after i vanished after all and dragged my body to the surface your tears mixing with the salt water on my face.

© 2009 Ama May Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this almost, cool and peaceful way in which you describe her death. Once again I have to say, watch for spelling and grammar mistakes, but the story itself was haunting. Sent little shivers up my spine! I really loved this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A chilling piece of writing yet with a certain beauty, as the white dress clings to the sinking body, revealing the pulsing life beneath, the warmth of a body that might have given much pleasure but instead cools to death in the cold watery grave...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2009

Author

Ama May Cooper
Ama May Cooper

London, south west, United Kingdom



About
Name: Ama may cooper Current age(when joined):16 Sex: female Age now: 27 I am merely a being, treading softly on these foreign lands. I am no great individual, no wise king or beautiful temptres.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by Ama May Cooper


Leonis Leonis

A Story by Ama May Cooper