Can You Hear?

Can You Hear?

A Poem by Carlo

Can you hear it when I cry out your name in pain?


Can you hear it when my heart pounds a thousand cries all the same?

 

Can you hear it when my silence speaks louder than my words?

 

Can you hear it when depression covers me like a flock of birds?

 

Can you hear it when I ask for the love and passion I deserve?

 

Can you hear it when my tears  scream for the reserve?

 

Of love and care that I can't really feel...


Can you hear it when i bleed in a pool and kneel?

 

Well since you can't...why don't you stop and listen?

© 2010 Carlo


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The flow of this poem is smooth until the last line. I can feel the emotion put into this poem. The word fit perfectly together. I enjoyed reading this poem in a sorrowful kind of way

Posted 14 Years Ago


There are a few things I find awkward about this piece. First things first. While repetition can be used and sometimes very effectively, it makes this piece seem drawn out. Also, you ask "Can you hear it...". But at the end you reveal you know the answer in a line that seems to break from the whole piece. It really breaks from the rhythm you initially set up with a line that seems like it was simply thrown in there to finish off the piece.

Also, I think you can have better word choice here. The "depression covers me like a flock of bird" really confuses me and, to be honest, made me laugh a little. I don't think this is the image you want to conjure. I'm sure some people will think of Hitchcock's horror than depression in this line.

I think you have a good idea here, but I believe it needs a bit of work. Look over it and work on your word choice and imagery.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Absolutly amazing. Bravo.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010

Author

Carlo
Carlo

Houston, TX



About
Im 17 going on 18 and i pretty much go out and have fun. I skate for excercise and fun, play piano, drums, sax, guitar, and bass. I love writing poetry its just my escape from my modern day life. Im a.. more..

Writing
Can't Wait Can't Wait

A Poem by Carlo


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by Carlo


The Dream The Dream

A Poem by Carlo