Being Different

Being Different

A Story by Justin
"

This is a story about when I found out that I had asperger's, the journey, and what it is like to live with it.

"
When I was 20, I found out I had Asperger's, which is a form of Autism. My parents always knew there was something different, so we decided to finally get some answers to our questions.
Through my time, in elementary and high school, I rarely had any friends. Every once in a blue moon, I would hang out with someone outside school, but other then that, I never did. One the weekends, I would sit in my room and hangout there. I would sometimes go to the park, where the basketball court and the pool was. I would even sometimes walk around the town that I live to give me something to do. I would get jealous of the other kids because they were doing something with there friends. It would upset me because I wanted to do things with other kids, but they would never give me a chance to know me. 
I was really good at school. The people who I would get along with were the teachers. I had a connection with my teachers. They understood me compared to the other kids. The teachers knew I was different, but they never judged me or anything like that. I would sometimes go to there classroom after school just to talk with them about school and other things. It was amazing to have a connect with the teachers. Many other kids didn't want that connection with their teachers, but I did.
The other kids were jerks to me because they didn't understand me. I was always raising my hand and it would annoy them. I was there at school to get to the most of everything. There was times, I would sit by myself at lunch. At recess, I won't have anyone to play with or anything like that.
There is certain things that I have a hard time. One is social interaction. I have a hard time in social situations. It is sometimes hard for me, when I am in conversation to change the topic because I want to keep on talking about when the other person want to change it. I also chance the topic of the conversion when the other people or other person wants to talk about something that I feel really uncomfortable about. It is might be annoying but I don't want to talk about something that makes me really uncomfortable. When I am around a large groups or large group of people, I don't really like to say much because I don't like being around large groups of people. It makes me uncomfortable.
Another thing is a change. I have a hard time with change. If things change, I accept like other people, but it is hard for me to accept it. It makes me uncomfortable and freaks me out. I know change is good for things, but too much change is too much really sucks. I like keeping a routine. It makes everything go smoother and I know how it works.
Another thing is loud music like concerts. I listen to loud music when I am by myself. If go to a concert or somewhere there is loud music, it makes me uncomfortable. It is too loud and there is a lot of people around to.
Those were somethings I deal with having Asperger's. It might have it's negative parts, but there is positive things too.

© 2015 Justin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Being different is something that we might learn or believe is a negative thing; but really there's so much importance in being different and having differences.

You're able to teach readers about your experience and that is powerful. Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Justin

6 Years Ago

thanks veronica!!! i think being is the best way to be but that is just my opinion
This is a very amazing story and you are very brave to have shared it, not many people would. Your writing is great! Keep up the good work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Justin

8 Years Ago

thanks :) :) I felt like I need to put it out there
This is such a good story. i also have something that makes me different, which also held me back from doing many things. It is very nice to hear that other people have the confidence to speak out about what happens when someone is different. Thank you for sharing your story

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow! what a beautiful story. You needed or perhaps need someone that will be kind and will accept you the way you are! You are a fantastic person, you know. Who cares what THEY think? Everybody has opinions, so what, I ask you. I think you are fascinating and write wonderfully. I wish I had your talent and brilliance.... Kyam

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great story! If you haven't already, you should consider reading the book, Look Me in the Eye: My Life With Asperger's by John Elder Robison. I read it a few years ago and it's one I won't forget. It's a lovely memoir about a very inspiring man. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Justin

8 Years Ago

Thanks for your comment) bring different is awesome
My best friend is part autistic and has epilepsy. He has the exact same problems so i know how it goes. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Justin

8 Years Ago

your welcome, thanks for reading it :)
My boyfriend has this and since I've known him, I've seen the struggles he endures. I am glad you have family support because it's so bad to see someone who does not.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The story explains problems of Autism, and the lack of confidence they suffer due to society behaviour. Also mention about its positive point

Posted 8 Years Ago


Such a lovely piece! Very moving.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I agree with all the other reviews! Beautiful and touching, stay strong Justin!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

544 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2015
Last Updated on June 15, 2015

Author

Justin
Justin

WV



About
I enjoy writing, It is like a save haven. more..

Writing
SURPRISE SURPRISE

A Story by Justin


Self Self

A Poem by Justin


penpals penpals

A Story by Justin