Words

Words

A Poem by Autumn's Child
"

A terrible case of writer's block.

"

Words fly through my mind, in my eyes and out my ears, 
Through my pores and rest on my lips.
As I walk through grocery stores they dance on melons.
Sitting by a fountain they gurgle with the falling water.
Adjectives and pronouns flutter in the whirring of the wings of bees.
A baby puts the words that were clinging to her rattle into her curious mouth.
A dog runs and jumps, catching the words that fly through the air.
And I pluck the words one by one from the literary tree growing in front of me
And I place them in the growing tablet of my mind.
But as soon as I put the pen in my hand to the notebook in my lap,
Words scatter and vanish to secret hiding places 
That even I cannot find.

© 2008 Autumn's Child


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How cute. The jumble of words were so fascinating. I like the way you mixed ordinary events into something quite out of the world. You just made me see Writer's block in a whole new sense.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 13 Years Ago


I hate when they get stuck inbetween your teeth and you can't get them out. :) Good write. Glad you didn't have problems with these words running away or getting lost in the dryer like a mismatched sock.

Posted 15 Years Ago


So true, which is why when am on the computer, my husband will often hear, "not now, I am in a zone".
I have lost so many good lines of poems, in just the way you described. This one really resonated with me.
Where do those words go when they vanish? That is what I want to know. You would think at some point that they would re-materialize, kinda like Spock on Star Trek. But no.

Loved it. Good to know it happens to all of us!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like what you have written here.
This is what you have inspired, thank you.
_______________________________________________
The muse that has escaped your breath
runs wild along the corridors of your mind
The silence the rests upon the arch of your hand
a poets pen of many images you have seen
runs deep within the heart of your soul
breaking forth, the reflections of your soul
for all to see
while you etch the words of poetry
upon the hearts of our souls

Art

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very good explanation of the blankness that comes to even me when i go to write I love it. I can relate

Posted 15 Years Ago


A very well written piece of poetry. Though we be flooded by oceans of inspiration, as soon as we sit down to paint the landscape set before us & all its visions created in the chambers of our imagination, with the stroke of an ink soaked quill, the tide defiantly, whisks them out to sea.

Very well written indeed! I simply LOVED it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


You've captured Miss Muse so well. Even with you're so called writers block, you write so very well. Looking forward to more from your talented pen. And thanks so much for your kind review, that was very gracious of you.

Antone

Posted 15 Years Ago


I know how this feels! Great way to describe writers block! I loved how words are all over and then when you sit down they are gone! Great poem!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

609 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 4, 2008
Last Updated on May 17, 2008

Author

Autumn's Child
Autumn's Child

Petaluma, CA



About
The majority of this poetry is now in a book titled "Everything I Am Not Saying". Find it here ----> amzn.to/16TZB3q For more of my writing, visit crissilangwell.com Thank you for the years .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..