All that Man was

All that Man was

A Poem by jane maria
"

It is not a fiction. Just elaborating the effects of an age-old proverb

"

I smile. I wave. And look around me. There’s a swarm of bees. A swarm of men. There’s party. Music. Wild Music. Dance. Booze. Drugs. I have everything I wanted. Boys drooled over me. Girls were hiding their jealousiness their level best. I was the most sought after. Most Wanted. And I smiled, laughed, danced with pride. 

Then, came the skyfall. The cloud couldn’t handle my weight anymore. It cracked down in rain drops. And I fell on the earth on my back. I saw the sky. The dark clouds of my party life were gone. I was alone. Where was the swarm of bees or the drooling boys?? All was an illusion? Because now, the sun teased me. Her rays proudly sneered at me. The moon shut her door. On the ground there were pools of water. It splashed all the mud on me.” You belong to the dirt,” they jeered. Insects sat on my wounds. Rotten smell evaporated from my skin. How I wish I was dead! How I wish I was never born!

The vultures slowly arrived. It picked on my flesh. Wait! I am not dead yet, right? Why are the vultures around me? Then, somebody poked me. I turned around and saw a darkness. It spoke, “you are dead, fool!” I turned and saw my “dead body” lying down. It was time to depart all the pain. I woke up and realized, “this was all that man was.”

© 2017 jane maria


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this so excellent I think I have read this almost everyday thanks for sharing... keep on writing

Posted 6 Years Ago


jane maria

6 Years Ago

thank you soo much......:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on May 29, 2017
Last Updated on May 29, 2017