Wish upon a star.

Wish upon a star.

A Story by Char'els Beanland
"

An wring prompt, it wrote itself. "When in life you want to escape the troubles of today and go into the past thinking the past was better back then". Hmmm Not so much.

"

Writing prompt:

 

After an extreme evening of fun you wake up feeling groggy and fall over. The ground greets you much quicker than usual. You waddle over to a low-lying mirror and see that you’re a baby, but remember everything. You parent’s voice is lilting up the stairs. What do you attempt to tell them? How did this happen?




 

When you wish upon a star.



          “Hey, you guys out there reading this, allow me to educate you on the Disney song back when we were kids. You remember it. It was on a Sunday night and we would sit around the T. V at 6 o'clock at night and watch Disney's wonderful night at the movies. Then Pinocchio would come on and we would see the blasted cricket jumping around here and there until his boy would screw up somehow and there he would be sitting on the window sill singing that song of his.” (When you wish upon a star your dream come true).

 

“That’s real, let me tell you. That sappy, stupid song works, I am here to tell ya.”


          “My name is Hermes Pettus and as you can tell from my elucidation of the English language, I's from a little city called Boston, Massachusetts and a proud Italian by decent. Ta prove it to ya guys out there, You guys come over fore dinner and my mamma will cook you's some meatballs and spaghetti that will melt your eyes balls out of your skull.

 

OK, ok I'll start at the beginning for you's special needs out there in our world. Sheeez. You see it was like this, a little while ago . . . Maybe I'll start this with, about one and a half years ago "just to cove'a the bases".

Just say'en here, you know what I mean? 

       “Like I was say'en, a while ago, me and my wife just had a kid and it was a bounces'en baby boy. He had my nose and her eyes. "Angelo Rodolfo Pettus", I named him after my pop, and promise then we had a girl the first thing would be my wife's mothe'a's name coming out of my mouth “Orabella”. Susana, (my wife) grew up thinking her mom's name was a normal thing. But all of us in these United States here didn't so, little does she know it, but the name is goin'a be Bella, like that chick in the movies whose boyfriend sparkled in the sunlight. . . Give me a freak'en brake, was he a putz or what?  

          Alright, alright I am gett'en side track here. About at the sixth month mark of my boy’s life my wife still hadn't shown any "personal attention" if you know what I mean. So's, I goes asked her about it and she throws a fit as though I was look'en for it all the time here. Then she up'd and left me to goes who know where. Her pop (Rodolfo) came ove'a and chatted with me for a while that night as we sat on the porch in the back. He always wanted me to call him Rod but out of respect he was my pop. While my own dad was my poppa. He was will'en to buys me a drink, down at the bar he'd like to go too. I told him I wasn't trying anything weird or anything with her but it’s been like this for months that she and I had any time togeth'a. I's understand that woman after have'n the kids don't like to be touched and I should wait until she ready an all. But pop, come on, have you seen those melons on here now. She was hot to begin with but now she's smok’en with fire. She just doesn't know what that does to a man, let alone to me her husband that loves her and finds her so beautiful. Then I caught myself and remembered that it was his little girl I was speak-en about this way and I started to tell him I was sorry for any disrespect I had shown about his daughter.

          He just started to laugh at me and patted me on the back and said “I understood full well, bud. Her mother was the same way.”

 

“No'kidden”, I says to him.

 

“It was a whole year before I could even hold her,” he told me. “I was thinking it was me until a doctor I had gone to, and asked him about this. He told me he had seen some women heal up in a few weeks though, its rear but some women on the other hand, heal over a long period of time. The heal'en was of the mind and not the body. So try and be understanding about this because those women literally can't help it, or stop it even if they wanted to. So, be patient if you can. Her mother was sitting her down right about now at the house trying to help her understand herself and talk to her from a life of experience. I thought my job was to come over and help you and maybe buy you a beer or two.”

 

“Thanks pop.” I told him “It does help to know what is going on and I’m not in this alone.” 

          “Your boy looks like he's growing out of his clothes almost every day, how is he in all of this?”

 

 I smiled at pop and said “That of the three of us he's the only one that is gett'en any love. I tried to make a joke about it one night and I said to Susan “That if there is anything left over after his was done feed'en an'all that I thought it was about time to start showing him the meaning of sharing".

 

Pop whistled then snickered and said "Wow! I think you and the couch are first names bases now".

I started to laugh and said “Yea we are. I know how to set that thing up for the best possible sleep”. I looked up and saw a fallen star, streak across the sky, I closed my eyes and wished a wish and then shook my head, then said to him, “there are times I wished I was a little baby again for a while just to get some love from someone”.

 

“Yea”, he said “he knew what I meant and that Susana would be staying with them for a day or two, just to let me know. You know we had to buy a new couch every time she became pregnant just so I had someplace to sleep comfortably. We had always told the kids that it was my back. I guess the cats out of the bag after tonight”. 

 

          Just then my phone rang and it was Gemma on the other end. “Hey Gemma! hows you's doin'?” (She was the families best friend from when I was born, she was the baby sitter for the neighborhood and fifteen years older than me). She let me have it without even a hello on her part.

 

"Herman! You numb nuts. I know men got's needs and all, but you put your foot into this time and it’s up to your backside".

 

I handed it over to pop and asked him to take this for a while. As soon as he started to speak with her he started to laugh and shake his head. I gave up and walked in to find me some'n to do while they had there chat to chat. Gemma was the families best look'en woman and everyone wanted to date her from the time I was able to understand what a good look'en woman was but didn't care about the cooties you could get from them. The neighborhood kids always had a say'en about her. "I gotta Gemma a date with her. or I gotta Gemma a kiss from her tonight. There was other sayings, but I won't say them here.

 

Pop came in after me and handed me the phone and said “Get dressed for a night on the town with all three of them”.

 

“Gemma! Is coming with us?” I asked. She just . . . “

 

“She was just busting your, hump. He said to me. Trying to get you to have a little fun at your expense. She's already called your friend Roger and left a message with him to meet us where were going.

 

“I guess I can't ask where we’re going, right now can I?”

 

Looking back at my direction as he picked up his coat said to me, “It'll be fun and you'll like it son, so lets go will ya? 

          He was right. We meet at the Brown Derby. It was a dinner and bar separated by an upper level and lower level, with an old vaudeville theater in the back that had just been refinished. The night was filled with food and drinks but not too many, with comedy sketches and sing-alongs running the same way they used to do it in the 1920's and 40's. Dolores was the owner and operator of the place and good friends with pop. She set us up and had the waiters who were dressed like penguins go out of their way to harass me the whole night. They acted like they were in a Mary Poppins Movie set. Then one of the singers had turned the table on all of us and started to sing to pop in this red skimpy outfit that matched her hair, sounding for all the world as Marilyn Monroe, purposely trying to turn on pop. In the back of the theater there were wolf calls galore. Roger had meet us there in the dinner, fell in love with the girl in the theater and went out of his way to find out her name from the waiters, so he could try and ask her out on a date.

 

Dolores wrapped her arms around an older man and said very loudly “Marvin I couldn't have done this without you and you belief in what I am doing, thank you sweaty” and she kissed him on the check turned and came over to us. It was the end of the night and she wanted to see if there was anything else she could do for us and we thanked her for the night but said “NO” for anything else and had to be leaving.

 

Pop had asked, “So, where your new boy toy was for the night scents you had him stand in as bouncer?

 

She told him “Eddie was out looking into something with his brother, and then added wasn’t there someone here at the table looking for information on the singer"?

 

          Roger shyly raised his hand and told her that he was. She asked him “Would you like me to help find out her number?”

 

He started to stutter (which he always did when he became nervous) and responded “P-p-p-please”.

 

“The girl’s name”, she said to Roger placing her hand on his chest and getting very close trying to look like she was interested in him. That made us laugh out loud but he didn’t notice us because Delores had his very full attention at the moment.

 

He gulped feeling her breath on his face and drinking in her eyes. She said "Her name is Jessica" pushing a small piece of paper into his hand, and said that it was her number and if she wants to speak with you, you call me "here”, Understand that! I'll go get her. She's a good kid and you be nice”. She said to him with her finger pointing him in the face. He just looked at the phone number and shook his head. Walking away she winked at us and roger sat down with his breath taken away. 

          That night took my mind off the problems and lighten up everything. I came home after pop dropped me off, and it was late, I am thinking it was 1:30 - 2:00 a. m. I felt like I was 30 going onto 40 when I laid down to sleep in my own bed.

 

I came too in the morning and I knew things where wrong but what the wrong was I couldn't have guessed if I tried. Standing up I felt unsure of my movements and my head was foggy. I walked or tried to walk over to what I thought was the bathroom. I fell down instead but the floor seemed to be closer to me than it was the night before. I looked at my hands as I tried to push myself up. They were child's hands all fat and pudgy. Sitting on my backside I look at my body and found that I had a diaper on and my feet where a lot closer to me than I wanted them to be. With my head becoming clearer and I becoming more scared I looked around the room and saw a full length mirror on the back of the door. I made my way of to the mirror and found myself looking at me being (I guessed) one, one and half years old. How could that be? I asked myself.

          Then I heard a male voice calling down stairs "I check on him dear and see if he is awake".  I panicked and started to run but only found myself on the floor again but this time I had landed on a blanket. I grabbed it and throw it over my head and pretended to be asleep. The door opened and the man came in and laughed and picked me up and placed me in my bed. He tried to wake me but I remained quiet and still. He turned and as he walked out I opened my eyes and saw a man that looked just like my poppa, only a whole lot younger. I gasped and he turned to look at me just as I realized what was going on and shut my eyes. How could I remember all of my adult memories and still be in this body? How could I be this young again?

 

“Hmmm” he said out loud and shut the door. I heard him say "No. Rose he's still a sleep". Rose shot through my mind and I know that it was my own mother. Oh good Lord what has happened. Then I noticed that my diaper was wet. . . THERE GOING TO CHANGE MY DIAPER AND CLEAN MY BUTT. Poppa's a guys and he's going to touch my thing, and mom is . . ."MOM". 

Oh Man! How could this day get any worse? 

          A thought suddenly accrued to me and it froze me where I lay in my bed. “Mom breast feed all of us until we were two years old.”

 

I wanted to do that with my wife last week, but . . . but this is “Mom”! 

“Oh gross, I don't want to do that.” I thought. 

If I do with my memories of my wife I might become excited because I hadn’t been with my wife for so long.  “Aahh, crap! It’s my mom for crying out loud” I said out loud but it only came out garbled.

  
I am a 30 year old man with a half inch dinky . . . and IT"S MY MOM  

          Eeeewwwwww ! No, no, way this is happening. 

         “Oh sure come up stairs” said a female voice. “I need to get him up so we can go to the doctors anyway. I shuttered at the thought of what was about to happened to me. I tried and tried as much as I could to want myself back to the world I knew. I wished so hard to not be there. The door open and my very own rather busty, young and good looking mother stood there with a young girl by her side smiling at me, and with a sickening sweet voice she started talking to me. 

          IN BABY talk. “Ooooo, is my baby wakey, wakey now? Oh! I could just eat you up right now. Now just lie back and let mommy see if you made ucky-wuckies”.

 

I started to cry at the thought I was now in the receiving end of that speech I had heard from her over my little brother and sister growing up. Why couldn't she just talk to her children as adult? It was the parent’s job to raise the children up to be ADULTS, not adults with a learning disorder, sounding like they have an I.Q. of 30. Dad hated it as well and mom had made it a point to not change one iota for him or for me. My friends would come over and she would start and I would leave the home from the fact that for the next few weeks I would have to suffer the endless torture of the baby talk at school. Oh Hermes, Baby Hermes which transformed into the later form of "Baby Herman". 

          I felt the tug of the diaper being pulled off and as I looked at the girl by mom's side I realized that it was Gemma. A pony tail, heavy acne face, gangly, braced teeth of fourteen/fifteen year old and late bloomer in life. She was the girl that all of the boys including myself had the hot’s for growing up but now she was a mess as she transfigured from child into an adult. Being a teenage sucks. For some it’s real bad. 

 

Poppa walked in just as my legs went up, he asked “if mamma had to wake me up when she brought the new baby sitter up here?

 

She told him “No, that I had already had my eyes open when they came in”. The diaper was pulled off and a strong hand with a wipe that was kept in the deepest of freezer's was applied to my backside. The sudden shock of the flash freeze on my skin . . . on my personals shut the tears off in an instant. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't get my lungs to work so I could take a breath. Poppa saw what was happening and took hold of me and blew into my mouth a few times just in front of my face and started my breathing again. Mom was taken aback by his sudden authority and shooed him out with a scolding, leaving me with Gemma powering my slowly warming butt and placing another diaper on me, then holding me. Whatever she had on for her face was stinging my eyes and I tried to push away from her.

 

Mamma came back over and said “that’s alright snuggle bum, its O Kaaaa she's your new baby sitter and she’ll take care of you when mommy needs help sometimes”. Looking at gemma she smiled and said “You know what, I bet he's hungry so she had to feed me. Then it was be time for the doctor appointment for my circumcision. 

          My WHAT!


          She told Gemma that they made a decision not to at first, but now that they did some research, they are going to make it right for me. I started to cry again at the thought then MOM opened her blouse and let them puppies fly.

NO, no, no! Not this way, not now, not ever. Aughhhhg. 

 

          She look at me and started to speak with me comforting words. “Oh! sweet-ums, don't you cry my little man, don’t you worry about a thing”. She accented with poking my face with her finger with each word until she came to my nose.  “I'm gonna give you a drinky-winky and then maybe I'll go tinkle myself. That's right my little wiggly worm, my. . 

          Make it stop, make it stop. It was a night mare beyond all comprehension. Why in God's name did I make that wish? 

When you wish upon a star

Makes no difference who you are

Anything your heart desires

Will come to you.

 

When a star is born

They possess a gift or two.

One of them is this

They have the power to make a wish come true.

 

Like a bolt out of the blue

Fate steps in and sees you through.

When you wish upon a star

Your dreams come true.

Lyrics found http://www.elyrics.net/read/d/disney-lyrics/when-you-wish-upon-a-star-lyrics.html">here



            Three very long weeks later after having my personage violated, washed five time a day. Feed every stinking hour on the hour by baby talking, bosom bouncing happy go lucky “Mom” telling dad to go take a hike until it was later. I woke up to my own world and to my own bed. At first I didn’t know what was going on and I felt wrong somehow when I moved around. When I was a baby I tried to make my hands go where I wanted and pick up things but only succeeded in over reaching or under reaching for things. This time as I tried to move my hands I smashed them in my face and they felt big. Now that I slapped myself awake I turned over to my empty bed, but it was “MY BED” Good God, almighty! He had me come back to my own world. It took me a few minutes to remember how to make my own body work then about ten more to try and not wet myself (ie) my own diaper so it could be changed for me. Thank you God for a bathroom nearby.

© 2016 Char'els Beanland


Author's Note

Char'els Beanland
I like challenges in writing and sometime I am up to it and others - -not so much. This one I like because of the fun factor out of my childhood plus the influences of cartoons through the years. I use "Who framed Rogers Rabbit" as the base. Think "Live people give ideas to cartoon ideas.

I tried a Boston, Mass accent but I tripped a little half way though. If your 20 somethings and P/C Please do not give me grief. "It is writing for fun with nothing more here to see", just move it along.

Any feed back is welcomed and I want your views both good and bad. When you do please give my your gender and age so I know where your coming from. Please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on May 1, 2016
Last Updated on May 1, 2016

Author

Char'els Beanland
Char'els Beanland

Kodiak city, AK



About
A southern-man, that doesn't sound like one. forth of six Sons of WWII veteran and a world traveler from the Navy. Born deaf until 7.5 yrs. old, Father of four children and grandfather of four. Live.. more..

Writing